Honeymoon/Aniversary Package-Dawn

I am on the Dawn 05/01/05 and purchased the above package for my girlfriend and me. This includes dinner with a bottle of wine at Le Bristo

My question does this include the cover charge and anything on the menu since some dinners have an additional charge

I contact NCL regarding this and all they would say is that the package incudes dinner.

HI Samthebookitty

I have taken the honeymoon package twice

On our cruises the Lebistro cover charge for the 15.00 menu items were covered, the highter priced items were not

We were allowed a 19.00 credit towards any bottle of wine on the list

we paid a little extra Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. (I'm pretty sure that the wine list with prices can be viewed on the NCL website)

The house wines are around 19 or twenty dollars and they have red and white

You should be able to pay the difference between the 15.00 allowed and the price of a higher priced item ..just check with the Maitre.d or waiter when you are on board prior to ordering.

(The rules may have changed since I was last on board)

We were just on the Star and had the Anniversary Package. Well worth the price. The upcharges were for 2 Lobster Tails each was $5.00 pp and they were much better than the ones we had in the Versaille DR on the Captain's Dinner Night. The upcharge we paid for the wine was $1.00. So for additional $11.00 plus tip we had the best dinner.:D

Regarding this package, we're not wine drinkers. Has anyone substituted the wine for a pair of beers or mixed drinks before? Also.....what exactly are Canapes?

:confused:

Go to the NCL site and look under romance packages. The package is exactly as described.

When we got to our cabin our iced sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us. There was a letter from the captain detailing the package and the dates you get the canapes and are invited to the champagne and cake party. Also is a card saying who sent the wine and strawberries.

I ordered it for my husband as a surprised and he was....:D We enjoyed everything, the dinner at Le Bristro was wonderful and we met a very nice couple. Sitting on our balcony eating our canape and sipping our wine was just delightful. We didn't get around to openingthe wine right away.LOL

Hope this helps.:confused:

Our close friends will be with us on our Nov. Cruise & they will have their Anniversary during the cruise..We are planning on purchasing the anniversary package for them & plan on joining them for dinner...None of us drink more than one glass of wine and we usually don't eat snacks beforehand but we thought this would be a nice gift for them...Now for my questions

Would it be best to purchase two anniversary packages for the four of us or just one package for them & we add the $20.00 per person for us onto our account & purchase another bottle of wine if we want more at dinner?

Also do we have to order the wine beforehand or can we let them choose the wine they would like to have at dinner?

Thanks for your help..Happy cruising everyone..

If you like chocolate covered strawberries and canapes, I would go ahead and order 2 packages. You order your wine at dinner, at Le Bristro when you go to eat. The charge for dinner is $15.00pp for the standard menu. If you add lobster it's $20.00pp for surf & turf. There are links on the board to the Le Bristro menu's. Just put the Le Bristro menu's in to CC search engine. If 1 bottle of wine is enough for the 4 of you just pay for your own dinners, and don't buy another package it's up to you. I think the package was a good buy.

Happy sailing!!!!:D

Thanks JeepLady for the info on the package & the Le Bistro Menu..Will go pull it up now..This will help us decide..Our DH's are mostly steak Men (no lobster) & don't know what they're missing..But my friend & I enjoy both so will plan to add $5 each for surf & turf ..Happy Cruising to you too..

Question for JeepLady--You said in your last post that the Bistro dinner was $15.00 pp. If you buy the Anniversary Package' date=' do you still have to pay the cover charge? I thought the dinner was included in the package.[/quote']

The $15 is part of the package

Shoreguy is correct the $15.00 is included in the package. But if you want surf & turf it's an extra $5.00 pp. There were several selections on the menu but to be honest I can't remember them. I had the Filet Mignon and Lobster, you could cut the Filet with your fork it was so tender. The lobster was just delicious.:D

Hope this helps...:D

I believe so. They also have a cake for you with the package. You can also pick another dessert too. Right Shoreguy????:confused: I had had acouople glasses of wine. So I was very happy.LOL

Correct - here is a link to an older menu. The prices have cahnage but the selections are about the same. Everything is included with the cover charge for your selection.

http://www.magwa.co.uk/dawn/bistro.htm

You can have the Fondue and the cheese cake. The package includes a seperate receiption with cake and Champagne.

I bought this package to celebrate my daughters graduation from college. We are leaving the week after they both graduate. It is also daughter No. 1's birthday. I bought two packages because there are four of us going. What night is the champagne and cake reception? What is the best day to schedule the Bistro Dinner? Do you remember what night you got the canapes? I am sooooo looking forward to this cruise on the 15th of May, it will be a nice vacation for mom too after putting two kids through college. I promised them when they both were through with their undergraduate degrees we would go to Hawaii so we have all been thinking about it for 6 years (no. 1 changed majors so took her a little longer) but it has worked out perfect. Thanks for any help with my questions.

I bought this package to celebrate my daughters graduation from college. We are leaving the week after they both graduate. It is also daughter No. 1's birthday. I bought two packages because there are four of us going. What night is the champagne and cake reception? What is the best day to schedule the Bistro Dinner? Do you remember what night you got the canapes? I am sooooo looking forward to this cruise on the 15th of May, it will be a nice vacation for mom too after putting two kids through college. I promised them when they both were through with their undergraduate degrees we would go to Hawaii so we have all been thinking about it for 6 years (no. 1 changed majors so took her a little longer) but it has worked out perfect. Thanks for any help with my questions.

The reception is always during the day, and I always miss it:eek: I think that the best day to schedule the Bistro dinner is the first night, there is never anyone there and it is a great way to start your cruise. The canapes are delivered during the day, usually around 5p. Never remember which day.

You will get the bubbly in your room when you arrive,as well as the choco late covered strawberries. Give the waiter your letter when you go to dinner and they will give you the house wine. You can upgrade for a fee if you wish.

Enjoy your cruise, have a ball:D

Archived