Upset with the Royal Caribbean "low-price" guarantee

Isail2011

Honestly, the big online travel companies do not give you the personal treatment that a local TA or one that you deal with all the time and know by name might. When I have used an online TA they will give you what is the posted rate for that day and will not advise you to wait a couple of days to see if their might be a reduction. When you book within a couple of weeks of the sail date you cannot be too picky anyway. I think we should lighten up on the TA a little. Sure they should have told the OP that if you book inside the final payment date you will not get a price reduction, and they should have told the OP that any problems with the booking would have to go through the TA and not directly with RCCL. I say enjoy your cruise I know I absolutely love the Jewel and would be surprised to hear you did not have a wonderful time.

Now with more information this is starting to make a little sense. Are you saying you saw this lower price on the website of the agency you booked through? If so and you tried to click on it and it said there were no cabins available, then the agency is falsely advertising prices it does 't have, which is why you couldn't book into that price. It may have been advertising group rates thatbthey no longer had because they had to turn the cabins. And RCCL will not match a price that an agency is quoting especially an agency that is charging less than what RCCL is charging. That agency can be thrown off of booking RCCL if theybare selling cabins less than RCCL is advertising.

Unfortunately, you booked with a lousy ageqncy that had prices listed they could no longer book. Your gripe is with your agency, not RCCL. A travel agency is NIT permitted to sell a RCCL. Ruis at less than RCCL has listed, unless they have group space. And ifnyou booked within 2 weeks of a cruise, all group soace had to be returned to the cruise line by that time.

Sorry this happened, but if you paid what RCCL had listed on their site, you paid the correct amount. Learn a lesson from this and use that agency again.

Thanks again for all of you. I booked on Sunday night/Monday morning. The rate kept going up. I was scared and book around 12:00AM on Sunday. I found a lower fare on Monday, not even a sale fare, much lower than I paid. I called my TA. On hold for a while, was told that you can go ahead book that one and cancel this one. The problem is when I clicked the book button on the other web site, the cabins are gone!!! They then told me, too bad, that one is not bookable. They tried to get me something. They told that they were working on it and will call me after 5. I call them around 5:30. They said the cruise line will not do anything for me, because the fare I saw is not bookable now. There is no cabins to upgrade me to or even to move mine together. The boat is full. The next day, yesterday, I found out again, they are selling the same cabins at a much lower price!!! They did have the same level of adjacent cabins or one level upgrade cabins available at the second fare drop. More than 10 of them!!! They once again refuse to do anything. Not even a one grade upgrade to move my cabins togather. I was transferred , on hold between the TA and the cruise line. On hold for hours. The answer, they will move my cabins, but will charge me more. There was much lower bookable fares for those cabins at the time. I already paid much more than they were selling. I am not happy with the way they treat me. Now I paid a much higher price than most of the people, my children have to stay a cabin 8 cabins down the hall. There is no justice! I did not even ask for refund. Only asked for upgrade or move the cabin together at the same level. Some on board credit would be nice, did not expect much. If they did offer me anything, I will end up spending more on board. Now knowing that I paid double the price for the same cabin than people booked hours after I paid, I will not spend any money on board. (I made my payment Monday morning, found lower fare couple of hours later).

Thanks again for your patience in reading this and your understanding of my frustration.

Archived