CC Group Cruise Mexico aboard the NCL Star!

natesfirewife

Hi all! I am the Leader for CC's Group Cruise aboard the NCL Star. This is an 8 night sailing with stops in Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. I am in the begining stages of setting up some group dive trips in all the ports except Ixtapa. I am also looking into doing a night dive while we are at Acapulco, our ship doesn't sail until 2am! That leaves plenty of time for a night dive and then hitting Acapulco's famous night life. If you are interested jump over to our Group Page (link in my signature) or post a reply here. I am available by email if you prefer, natesfirewife@yahoo.com .

Misty

If your goal is to "get wet", you'll have opportunity to do so on your cruise. But the diving on the Pacific side of Mexico isn't going compare to what you can do in the Caribbean. The further south and away from major cities, the better the diving. We dive in Mexico all the time, and if you email me, I'd be ahppy to elaborate.

The Marietas Islands (outside of Bandaras Bay) in PV will have the best vis but will cost more than to do a coupleof dives locally at Los Arcos. Huatulco and Ixtapa have wall dives and the vis is much better than in PV. Don't bother with Mazatlan and Acapulco - vis is poor. But both are good for spear fishing lobster.

Cabo is by far your best dive location - very pricey and the dive ops will only take you to local shallow dive sites, as there is a lot of current. La Paz is awesome, but too far. I thought the diving near town was good - much better than PV!

Like I said, if you want to email me, I'd be happy to give you more psecific input.

Suzi - My email is on it's way. But I forgot to ask you something about Ixtapa. I have heard that they have salt water crocs there. Do you know anything about that? I have snorkeled the Marietas Islands several times along with Los Arcos. We usually take our land trips to Puerto Vallarta and stay in Mismaloya. We got lucky last October and snorkeled with some spotted rays the morning we left.

Misty

Archived