Guided Jet Ski with Island Marketing?

CRUISENAV8R

• 3 weeks later...

Several people have asked about this tour, but nobody's posted a review. When I sent an inquiry prior to my cruise, I didn't get a response so I did something else.

There's another company, http://www.340watersports.com out of Bolongo that I saw advertised somewhere. I did contact them, too, but at that time they weren't offering tours with snorkeling. I think I saw somewhere (Bolongo's website???) that now they are.

You can rent jet skis and go on your own at Coki and Sapphire.

• 2 weeks later...
Several people have asked about this tour, but nobody's posted a review. When I sent an inquiry prior to my cruise, I didn't get a response so I did something else.

There's another company, http://www.340watersports.com out of Bolongo that I saw advertised somewhere. I did contact them, too, but at that time they weren't offering tours with snorkeling. I think I saw somewhere (Bolongo's website???) that now they are.

When you say jet skis go on your own, do you mean in a specific area or can you take them out and about?

Any idea of how much they cost?

Thanks

At Coki you're free to go wherever you want, but the guy who owns the jet skis tells you not to go beyond a certain point, because people get disoriented and have gotten lost. He then had to rescue them.

At Sapphire, I saw them heading out into the open sea, and then they turned around the bay, so I don't know exactly where they went.

Not sure where they tell you to go at Bolongo.

I think it's about $65 for a single rider, and a bit more for 2.

These are for the on your own jet ski rental. You'll have to contact 340Watersports for their tour prices.

I just booked this excursion for my family's cruise in March. We will get 2 jet skis with 2 people per. The cost is $77.50 per person. We will go, with a guide, to either Christmas Cove or Lavongo Cay (depending upon sea conditions). Each way is about 30 minutes. We will have 45 minutes of snorkeling.

I am trying to book excursions that will 'excite' my teenage sons. I am happy to take a catamaran out to Buck Island to snorkel with the turtles (and drink rum punch!), but this doesn't thrill them. I don't feel comfortable leaving them on the ship since they are under 18, so I hope this works for us!

Would love to hear from someone who has done this.

I just booked this excursion for my family's cruise in March. We will get 2 jet skis with 2 people per. The cost is $77.50 per person. We will go, with a guide, to either Christmas Cove or Lavongo Cay (depending upon sea conditions). Each way is about 30 minutes. We will have 45 minutes of snorkeling.

I am trying to book excursions that will 'excite' my teenage sons. I am happy to take a catamaran out to Buck Island to snorkel with the turtles (and drink rum punch!), but this doesn't thrill them. I don't feel comfortable leaving them on the ship since they are under 18, so I hope this works for us!

Was this booked thru 360water?

We have a 14 and 16 year old, we did the turtles in Barbados, which was really cool. They enjoyed the turtles, and the 3 shipwrecks that we visited. Beware of the rum punch, it goes down a little too easy. :eek:

Av8r

I booked through Island Marketing Ltd/St Thomas Cruise Excursions. I emailed them to check on availability and they got right back to me with info and a link to book.

http://stthomascruiseexcursions.com/JetSkiSnorkeling.htm

I also booked this for our family of four for May. I got three JetSki's. I figure DH and I can double up and the kids can ride their own. Let us know how you like it!

We have a 14 and 16 year old, we did the turtles in Barbados, which was really cool. They enjoyed the turtles, and the 3 shipwrecks that we visited. Beware of the rum punch, it goes down a little too easy. :eek:

We were in St Thomas 2 years ago and swam with the turtles, so the boys are of the 'been there/done that' mindset. I would be happy to cruise on the catamaran, snorkel with turtles, then drink rum punch all the way back! :D

• 1 month later...

We did the jet ski tour with Island Marketing December 2010. Overall, it was a very nice trip and we really enjoyed ourselves. The snorkeling in the middle of the trip was just ok - not much to see - but we were really booking this trip for the jet skis and not the snorkeling.

Since they don't take you to great snorkeling spots, it sounds like you're better off going to Coki or Sapphire (both offer good snorkeling) where you can rent jet skis and snorkel at your leisure.

There are many activities at Coral World (which is there at Coki).

Sea Scooters might be another excursion they may want to try.

• 5 months later...

I was wondering if you could update us on how it went? Were the Jetskis fun enough to compensate for less-that-stellar snorkelling? Also, did you get to hang out at the resort after, and for how long?

Many thanks! :)

Archived