From JH about M&G

Soonerbaby

In the short time I've been lurking on these boards I have read a LOT about how one line handles meet and greet vs. CCL. Some people on here, not all, write as if this is a really important part of their cruise. Do some people actually decide which cruise line to go on based on who has the best M&G? Maybe I'm reading too much into what some post on here but it sure seems that way to me.
I think they are very important if you have a group of people that are talking on the roll call, that aren't making it a clique.

My best M&G's I have met lifetime friends, 5 of them we are cruising out of NOLA next September!! But I have to say I've only been to two formal, set up open bar M&G's and didn't really care for either.

For the rest of our cruises we will simply put word out to meet at the aft bar before the Muster, usually have a good turn out and have met some truly awesome people.

So, in essence what Carnival does for CC is not any concern of ours, we plan a meeting on the Roll Call and that's it, everyone buys whatever they are drinking themselves and if you don't care for it, you walk away.

We usually just get some beads or t shirts made to identify ourselves, the first I went to on the Glory we all wore Red, White and Blue and it was the best meeting I've been to!!

I don't expect Carnival to do anything special for us just because I belong to a message board group.

Carole

When I was a kid, I remember thinking that one day, when I was an adult all the bulls*** would stop because adults are mature and dont' act like 5 year olds...

Wasn't the first or last time I was very very wrong about something....

I was just thinking didn't we leave this stuff behind when we got out of school? Although some girls I went to school with still think they are great, but I will say some are much more humble now than they used to be. But come on people it's a cruise, aren't we supposed to all have a good time?

I think it's kind of strange and sad if people really have to dwell on a message board.

What kind of lives must they lead if all they have to do is obsess over what strangers think of them.

I come to CC to share info and I've learned so much along the way, I like the community. And yes, just like anywhere we have our share of adolescent bullies, but show me a place that's totally free of them.

And we do have the ignore feature, we don't have to respond to it if we don't want to.

I feel sorry for the trolls, they must lead lonely lives.

Carole

Archived