Galveston and fog

Disneycruisers

It is somewhat common for Galveston, but just like any other weather situation, try not to worry about it. I remember a cruise we took out of Galveston one February & all I kept hearing/reading about were the fog delays in Galveston. But all was well & we had no problems or delays. Just try to relax, especially since it is out of your control.:)

It's not uncommon, but as the PP said, try not to worry about it, but do keep some things in mind.

Have the ability to monitor Carnival's website and Cruise Critic too so you will be as up to date as possible. Make sure your Carnival profile has your cell phone number listed as your primary contact. I always arrive at the pier around 10:30am, and even on the occasions that there has been fog, I've stayed in the pier area.

There are several restaurants within walking distance of the pier, but some of them are pricey........I always have water, nutrition bars and peanuts with me, sometimes beef jerky too.

If you are flying out upon return, I wouldn't make my reservations until pretty mid to late afternoon. I know it would make for a long wait, but better than missing your flight and trying to reschedule along with hundreds of others that have missed their flights too.

Inbound ships are "usually" able to dock by noonish.

I would also always plan on doing self-assist debark if I had a flight to catch.......at least you could grab a cab as soon as you are out of the terminal.

We will be cruising out of Galveston in Jan. and I am now concerned about leaving/returning on time due to fog, is this a common problem?

My suggestion would be to make a hotel reservation that you can cancel for the night you are to embark on your cruise and plan on flying out the day after you get back. That way you are covered if you get back late and also you have a place to stay if the cruise before you is delayed in getting into port.

My suggestion would be to make a hotel reservation that you can cancel for the night you are to embark on your cruise and plan on flying out the day after you get back. That way you are covered if you get back late and also you have a place to stay if the cruise before you is delayed in getting into port.

We are driving

We are cruising out of Galveston late January too. Have to admit, the fog situation makes me a little nervous.

But Mother Nature is out of our control and no sense worrying about things that may never happen.

John Heald's post on FB was hilarious.....around 14 people were actually blaming Carnival for the fog delays...

Carnival must have a big fog machine....LOL......

Archived