Booking Dolphin Discovery on-line

crewmom24

I tried to book the Royal Swim on-line and was hoping to get the 20% discount and free transportation, but it says that you can't book it online if you are coming from a Princess cruise. The cruise line is offering a dolphin swim, but not the Royal Swim. Does anyone know a way around it? I tried calling, but can't get through. I could say I'm coming from a hotel but that would mess up the transportation from the port.

I'm running into the same thing with Carnival. They don't have the dolphin swim without turtles, stingrays, etc. I think I'm just going to say we're coming on a Royal cruiseship. They must have changed the transport part as mine just gives a percentage discount. I guess I would rather book with the company directly than get the transportation anyways.

Anyone else do this before or have suggestions?

I'm running into the same thing with Carnival. They don't have the dolphin swim without turtles, stingrays, etc. I think I'm just going to say we're coming on a Royal cruiseship. They must have changed the transport part as mine just gives a percentage discount. I guess I would rather book with the company directly than get the transportation anyways.

Anyone else do this before or have suggestions?

We did the same for the Stingays in Cozumel, just make sure you don't arrive with your Carnival towels and ship card around your neck ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from my Jan 1 cruise on the Magic. I booked thru Cozumel Tours and used the ecommerce as the name of the ship while booking.

Once I arrived at Dolphin Discovery, no one cared how I got there. There are three places to sign in, the last one being the actual sign in for the Dolphin swim. You have to put your name and what ship you came on. I put Carnival Magic, and there were no questions asked.

You ARE allowed to take your camera as long as it is waterproof. I asked and they said sure as long as it is waterproof. You will need to be with someone that you can pass your camera too when it is your turn, but it is allowed. No one that has not paid is allowed to go that far out on the pier to take pictures, but the actual participants are allowed.

Afterwards we could do whatever we wanted in the park. We ate at the restaraunt right next to the Dolphin Swim and is was great and the bill for two of us was $18, including a coke and a beer. We had steak tacos and chicken quesidillas (sp). Then we went snorkeling, which was really nice. The beach chairs are free with entrance as well as the shows and the gardens. You can bring your own snorkel gear, or rent theirs. Life jackets are free, you just have to leave an ID. We got them, and then didn't use them. I did pay $125 for three printed photos and a CD with all the photos they took of us. I figured my son and I would not get to do this again and he loved it so much, I wanted pictures of it.

Afterwards we could do whatever we wanted in the park. We ate at the restaraunt right next to the Dolphin Swim and is was great and the bill for two of us was $18, including a coke and a beer. We had steak tacos and chicken quesidillas (sp). Then we went snorkeling, which was really nice. The beach chairs are free with entrance as well as the shows and the gardens. You can bring your own snorkel gear, or rent theirs. Life jackets are free, you just have to leave an ID. We got them, and then didn't use them. I did pay $125 for three printed photos and a CD with all the photos they took of us. I figured my son and I would not get to do this again and he loved it so much, I wanted pictures of it.

Thanks for the great info. So, if you didn't swim, could you at least see those that did? Did you snorkel at the dolphin swim then or the beach?

Archived