Taxi info Crowne Plaza FLL to Port Everglades

KyleClark

I just stayed pre cruise at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Lauderdale. I Inquired about the shuttle to Port Everglades. I was quoted $8pp plus tax. I decided to take a taxi as I was leaving earlier than the shuttle. For two people the taxi came to $5.90 without tip. It was less than a 10 min ride to the port.

I just stayed pre cruise at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Lauderdale. I Inquired about the shuttle to Port Everglades. I was quoted $8pp plus tax. I decided to take a taxi as I was leaving earlier than the shuttle. For two people the taxi came to $5.90 without tip. It was less than a 10 min ride to the port.

Thanks for the info. We will stay there 2 nights before our Allure cruise in January so it is great to know.

Do you mind if I have a few questions?

Did you take the hotel shuttle from the airport?

Do we have to call them when we get to the airport ?

How did you like your stay?

Is there any restaurant close beside the pizza place?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Did you stay at the Crowne Plaza, 455 State Rd 84?

We plan to stay there before our cruise in Feb, and would like to know if there are any restaurants nearby (as Stefanny asked ). I know there is a restaurant on site?

Also, in their ad they state complementary shuttle, just wondering about this as well.

Thanks for the info. We will stay there 2 nights before our Allure cruise in January so it is great to know.

Do you mind if I have a few questions?

Did you take the hotel shuttle from the airport? Yes.

Do we have to call them when we get to the airport ? I did but had to walk with our luggage to the free shuttle pick up area. It's right outside at the end of your arriving terminal. Call the hotel and they will direct you. The van has the hotels name on the side with two or three others that they pick up for. Crowne Plaza is the first stop as it is less then 10 min away.

How did you like your stay? We enjoyed it. The pool area is very nice and open 24 hours. We ate at Kiki's the hotel restaurant. Prices were approriate for the hotel status. $22 for NY Strip Steak, $4.50 for a tall beer and $7.00 for a mixed drink. I did see a Pizza place from my window. Probably could walk but it is an industrial area.

Is there any restaurant close beside the pizza place? Didn't notice any but I wanted to go to Duffys Sports bar after we arrived but it got to late. It is in the area by a Publix.

Thanks

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Did you stay at the Crowne Plaza, 455 State Rd 84? Yes

We plan to stay there before our cruise in Feb, and would like to know if there are any restaurants nearby (as Stefanny asked ). I know there is a restaurant on site? There is a pizza place I was able to see from my window.

Also, in their ad they state complementary shuttle, just wondering about this as well.The Complementary shuttle is from the airport only.

Enjoy!

KyleClark: you mentioned a Publix..is it within walking distance, and what about a CVS or Walgreens type store?

Since you did mention that the pizza place is in an industrial area, is this true of all the area around the hotel? Safe to walk around?

KyleClark: you mentioned a Publix..is it within walking distance, and what about a CVS or Walgreens type store? I used Bing Maps and used their apps. One is call Restaurant finder and another found the Publix. Did not seem to be within walking distance but looked like a straight shot in a taxi for about 10 minutes. Maybe someone else more familiar with the area could contribute.

Since you did mention that the pizza place is in an industrial area, is this true of all the area around the hotel? Safe to walk around? It doesn't look that far from the hotel. I would say within walking distance. The surrounding area looked like mixed industrial and some retail. The area didn't seem inviting but I would of walked to the pizza place. Again, maybe someone else could contirbute.

Hope this helps.

The closest Publix is at Harbor Shops on 17th St, about a 4 minute ride, or just under a mile. The pizza place is Anthony's, about a block north of the hotel. The area around CP Hotel is industrial...It is not a high crime area, but homeless people and prostitutes are a common sighting. Personally, I would walk to Publix by day but not at night.

Hi, hope you dont mind me jumping into this thread, first time cruisers staying 1 night pre cruise at Crowne Plaza F/L cruiseport March 12. Asked Travel Agent about staying 2 nights post cruise, she suggested same hotel, but Royalcruz you are so knowledgeable, by your description of area, it might be better to stay elsewhere post cruise. Have you in your wisdom any suggestions nice area including some sightseeing, Many thanks in advance.

Hi, hope you dont mind me jumping into this thread, first time cruisers staying 1 night pre cruise at Crowne Plaza F/L cruiseport March 12. Asked Travel Agent about staying 2 nights post cruise, she suggested same hotel, but Royalcruz you are so knowledgeable, by your description of area, it might be better to stay elsewhere post cruise. Have you in your wisdom any suggestions nice area including some sightseeing, Many thanks in advance.

The beach area is nice and there are lots of hotels there (Bahia Mar tends to have the best prices for a big hotel and is walking distance to everything). Otherwise, for 2 nights, Riverside Hotel is absolutely in the best location for sightseeing on foot. Gallery One is also good because it is a few blocks from the beach and next to Galleria Mall and restaurants. All 3 of these are very accessible to the Water Taxi. Or you could rent a car and stay anywhere.

Edited by royalcruz

• 3 years later...
Is the opposite also true? Can I get a rental car after the cruise somewhere close to PE or do I have to go back to the airport? And is there a shuttle?

Yes you can get a rental car close to PE and some of the agencies have shuttles, including Budget. The airport is also very close to PE but it is often less expensive to rent outside of the airport.

Thanks so much! This information is really helpful!

Are the taxi's plentiful?

Do you need the desk to call for a taxi or are the taxi's lined up outside the hotel?

Again, thanks for the information.

Being halfway between the airport and cruiseport, there are lots of taxis driving around. I'm not sure if they hang around Crowne Plaza, as there are not a lot of hotels in that immediate area. Yellow Cab phone number is 954-777-7777.