Tropical birds at Chankanaab? (Or, can you translate Spanish for me?!)

karen2754

Can anyone confirm whether there's an aviary or exotic bird show at Chankanaab Park? The Disney excursion description mentions a "Wacky World of Birds" show, but I haven't seen any other references to this -- not in English, at least! I did see a Spanish-language website about the parks of Cozumel that says:

"Delfines y lobos marinos. Nade con los delfines, admire el espectaculo de los lobos marinos y aves exoticas. (Cargo adicional)"

I assume "aves exoticas" are exotic birds, but I don't really know Spanish -- does this blurb give any other useful information?

My six-year-old son is a huge fan of tropical birds (especially toucans), so even if this is a little-bitty attraction, we wouldn't want to miss it. If you've seen it, please fill us in!

Here's what Babelfish came up with on the translation:

Marine dolphins and wolves. Swim with the dolphins, you admire espectaculo of the marine wolves and exoticas birds.

I don't know of a bird "show" at Chankanaab. There are likely to be tropical bird in the botanical gardens.

This is from the Isla Cozumel website:

The Botanical Gardens, a forest cut by trails, in which visitors can identify 350 different plant species, watch exotic birds, or simply bask in the sun.

I have a feeling that the "wolves" is probably for the sealions. I don't think that Chankanaab would have wolves. I know they have sealions. And I assume that there are birds in the botanical garden. HTH

Rebecca

Right you are about the sea lions. And nope, they do not have a bird show. You might see some birds flying around but I never have seen anything tropical or exotic. Did see baby tucans at Muyil and that was way cool.

Does the Disney Cruise stop in Playa Del Carmen? There is an aviary in Playacar - lots of toucans and other beautiful birds. It was hot as hell when we were there, but it was really a neat experience. The toucans kept pecking at the buckles on my husband's sandals. I got some great photos!

Archived