Goff's Caye Recently????

WeLove2CruiseRCI

I was there the week before last. My son and I wandered around on the beach looking for shells and playing in the sand while my husband snorkeled. The weather wasn't ideal (rainy off and on) but we had a nice time in spite of that. It was a very relaxing day.

I was there the week before last. My son and I wandered around on the beach looking for shells and playing in the sand while my husband snorkeled. The weather wasn't ideal (rainy off and on) but we had a nice time in spite of that. It was a very relaxing day.

Thank you for your response. Did your husband enjoy the snorkeling? From what I have read there is no chairs allowed on the beach. My MIL will be with us and I don't think she will snorkel. Is there a place she can be comfortable and still enjoy herself?

Has anyone been to Goff's Caye recently and can give me likes and dislikes?? Thank you

We were there earlier this month. The water was choppy - but note that the snorkeling was poor over the reef (better near the island). We enjoyed lounging on the beach - but it was on towels because there was no lounge chairs to be had. The crew we had were great - and it's beautiful - but though we had a good time, I would probably go elsewhere next trip.

Thank you for your response. Did your husband enjoy the snorkeling? From what I have read there is no chairs allowed on the beach. My MIL will be with us and I don't think she will snorkel. Is there a place she can be comfortable and still enjoy herself?

My husband didn't think the snorkeling was really great but he still saw quite a few fish. Nothing more exciting than that though.

There was one or maybe two picnic tables on the island and a little, open air shack with a

bench on one side and that's all I remember for sitting areas. I was chasing a three year old around so I really never got a chance to even think about sitting down!

If you are looking for some of the best snorkeling to be had, have you considered Coral Breeze Tours while in Belize ?

Look up their site for info & tour specifics.

We use this outfit twice each year & have always had a super time !

We really enjoy the local lunch while at Caye Caulker after the snorkeling portion of the trip.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

We were in Belize last week (12/27/11) and had a fabulous time at Goff's Cay. We wish we could have stayed longer and had our own snorkel gear. The beach was beautiful and clean and the views were fabulous. My husband has snorkeled a lot and felt that it was very clear and they saw a lot - fish, rays, eel, etc. I do not recall seeing anyone renting chairs but there were some picnic tables and other places where people were sitting.

We were in Belize last week (12/27/11) and had a fabulous time at Goff's Cay. We wish we could have stayed longer and had our own snorkel gear. The beach was beautiful and clean and the views were fabulous. My husband has snorkeled a lot and felt that it was very clear and they saw a lot - fish, rays, eel, etc. I do not recall seeing anyone renting chairs but there were some picnic tables and other places where people were sitting.

Thank you for the recent info! With everyone's help and weighing other options, we will be booking Goff's Caye.

I'm happy to hear you had such a great day. Did you snorkel from shore or boat?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a summary of our day trip to Goff's Caye.

We struggled to figure out what to do when our cruise stopped in Belize and changed our minds several times. By the time we made a decision, the ship’s excursion to Goff’s Caye was sold out. My daughters and I had no interest in snorkeling, but we wanted to be on a beach. I first contacted Katie Valk who put me in touch with Kimberlee Chanona of Upclose Belize (kim@upclosebelize.com).

Kim arranged for us to be part of a group tour to Goff’s Caye that left from the Tourism Village. That tour was run by http://www.belizeshoretours.com or Eco Tours Belize. Kim was extremely responsive to my many emails and questions. She would have arranged for any type of tour that we wanted, but felt that this one met our needs.

We were told to get on an early tender to the Tourism Village and find the representative that would be waiting for us. Somehow we missed the person with our name, but when we mentioned Kim’s name (or Upclose Belize?) we were quickly and easily directed to the right place.

Even the short wait for the tour to begin was pleasant. We sat and talked with a couple of men from Belize who turned out to be our tour guides. Such friendly guys! Once the group of about 25 people was assembled we boarded a boat to Goff’s Caye.

Goff’s Caye is magnificent with crystal clear water. Truly a paradise. It is tiny, with a porta-potty type changing structure and a stand for snacks, beer and some jewelry for sale. The tour operators (including one EMT) took everyone to the island first to get settled. Then anyone who wished to snorkel went back out on the boat. To my complete shock both of my daughters opted to join my husband and son snorkeling. They LOVED it. They went in a slower moving group, snorkeling from the boat offshore to the island over a 45 minute period. I could not snorkel (health reasons), but I did put on a face mask and look around under water. What gorgeous fish!!! I am so glad we did not miss out on this opportunity. We spent the remainder of the day relaxing on the beach.

The only upsetting part of the day was that many people on the tour did not tip the tour operators. The staff all worked very hard to make sure that we had a great day and were quite friendly. They deserved to be tipped! At one point on the island we asked about returning to shore and they told us that on vacation there should be no worries and they would get us back in time. We did, in fact, return with plenty of time to do a little shopping in the Tourism Village. Best day of the cruise!!!

Here is a summary of our day trip to Goff's Caye.

We struggled to figure out what to do when our cruise stopped in Belize and changed our minds several times. By the time we made a decision, the ship’s excursion to Goff’s Caye was sold out. My daughters and I had no interest in snorkeling, but we wanted to be on a beach. I first contacted Katie Valk who put me in touch with Kimberlee Chanona of Upclose Belize (kim@upclosebelize.com).

Kim arranged for us to be part of a group tour to Goff’s Caye that left from the Tourism Village. That tour was run by http://www.belizeshoretours.com or Eco Tours Belize. Kim was extremely responsive to my many emails and questions. She would have arranged for any type of tour that we wanted, but felt that this one met our needs.

We were told to get on an early tender to the Tourism Village and find the representative that would be waiting for us. Somehow we missed the person with our name, but when we mentioned Kim’s name (or Upclose Belize?) we were quickly and easily directed to the right place.

Even the short wait for the tour to begin was pleasant. We sat and talked with a couple of men from Belize who turned out to be our tour guides. Such friendly guys! Once the group of about 25 people was assembled we boarded a boat to Goff’s Caye.

Goff’s Caye is magnificent with crystal clear water. Truly a paradise. It is tiny, with a porta-potty type changing structure and a stand for snacks, beer and some jewelry for sale. The tour operators (including one EMT) took everyone to the island first to get settled. Then anyone who wished to snorkel went back out on the boat. To my complete shock both of my daughters opted to join my husband and son snorkeling. They LOVED it. They went in a slower moving group, snorkeling from the boat offshore to the island over a 45 minute period. I could not snorkel (health reasons), but I did put on a face mask and look around under water. What gorgeous fish!!! I am so glad we did not miss out on this opportunity. We spent the remainder of the day relaxing on the beach.

The only upsetting part of the day was that many people on the tour did not tip the tour operators. The staff all worked very hard to make sure that we had a great day and were quite friendly. They deserved to be tipped! At one point on the island we asked about returning to shore and they told us that on vacation there should be no worries and they would get us back in time. We did, in fact, return with plenty of time to do a little shopping in the Tourism Village. Best day of the cruise!!!

Thank you for your review!! Sounds like we will enjoy ourselves!

Archived