Cash on S&S card at check-in for the Magic in Galveston....are they doing

helicopter

Chances are high that they will let you do it. I cruised on the Conquest out of Galveston in November and my roomie was able put cash on her account at check-in. We went through the check in lane and they swiped my card for my account. She told them she wanted to put cash down and they directed her to another counter to put cash down. There were a few people at the other counter, but more agents than guests, so there was no waiting.

I think it will depend if the "cash counter" is staffed or open when you check in. My last cruise, they were not open when I checked in and we boarded before it ever opened. So I stood in line at the pursers desk (along with half the ship). Little did I know, that can be avoided. They give you a "starter" amount of $25 (this amount might vary by ship). That is enough for one or two drinks and then when the line calms down, I can head to the pursers desk to establish my cash account.

Archived