150 Central Park

mmcruise

We're cruising on Allure in April and would love to treat ourselves to 150 Central Park for one of the nights - and though I'm pretty adventurous with flavors and cuisines, I don't eat meat or poultry. I'd hate to deprive DH of the experience because he'd love every bit of it (and no, he doesn't get to go by himself :p) but although I've searched, I don't find any reviews.

Anybody vegetarian/pescetarians out there who've tried 150 Central Park?

We were just on the Oasis this past Nov and went to 150. DH does not eat tomatoes. First course was, I don't remember, but some type of tomato dish. He told the waiter, he went to the chef, and came back with an option with green peppers. DH will not eat green peppers, waiter to the chef again, came back with another offer that was accepted. They will try and make substitutions if it is something you will not eat and ask before making it. It was a nice experience, but will not do 150 again. I ate everything, but nothing was over the top good, just ok, and i'm not a picky eater. Chops was very good!

Just ate at 150 Central Park last week. The meal was excellent, but it is a set menu (Degustation). As with other places on the ship ,they will try and bend over backwards to accommodate you.

That being said, if you are a picky eater, or don't eat meat, you should absolutely not eat there. There are lots of other eateries on board that are more accommodating to different taste preferences, and you'll save some money.

We ate there last week on Allure, this ranked in the top 2 restaurants I've ever been to. Food was amazing. Agree with the other poster that it is a set menu but they will try *very* hard to accomodate your dietary requirements. One in our party was gluten free, the other didn't eat red meat. Try to let them know in advance if you can though, they will appreciate that - gives them more time to prepare.

We also enjoyed our experience there, last month. This is what was on our

menu....

Chile-spiked crab salad

Camembert and lager soup

Cornbread Gnocchi with brown butter

olive oil poached sea bass with sumac

apple cider marinated veal tenderloin or roasted harris ranch beef tenderloin

sticky toffee pudding with star anise.....and a cheese selection

We just got off Oasis and had dinner at 150 Central Park. We have been to some great restaurants in our life and this would be one of the two best dinners we have ever had. The menu is set, but we can not stop talking about it. They change the menu during the week and if we had know that we would have gone twice. Of course, like all the locations on the ship, the service was great. We ate at all of the specially restaurants. A hidden gem is the Solarium. They have several healthy food options on this ship, go figure on a cruise ship, and they were all great.

Already planning a return to Oasis, wondered what a ship this size would be like and it exceeded our expectations.

I really think we are going to try it. I booked it for later in the week, so I can stop by earlier in the week to discuss options, since it sounds like they can be accommodating.

It looks like such a beautiful, intimate venue, and would be a nice break from the crowds in the MDR. I think DH would love any of the menus I've seen, and I'm willing to spin the wheel and see how it works. I haven't eaten meat in 30+ years, so I'm used to working around/over/through it. We have access to some wonderful restaurants in our area, but I'd love to try this one in particular because it's unique to these ships.

The menu that gas1208 posted sounds delightful, and save for the veal and potentially the soup, I'd enjoy everything.

Any vege- or pescetarians who've actually eaten there, would love to hear about that too!

Thanks again!

Archived