New Orleans. What's going on Feb 24?

JWcruiser04

That's odd...there may be some spillover from Mardi Gras, but most people will be cleared out by the 22nd or 23rd. I checked rates for French Quarter hotels on NewOrleans.com, and there's definitely availability. If you want cheaper rates, definitely look for hotels in the Warehouse-Arts District -- it's easy walking distance to the FQ. I've stayed in the Queen & Crescent and the Cotton Exchange -- not "luxury" by any stretch, but comfortable and easy walking to everything.

Also, Le Cirque hotel just relaunched as the Hotel Modern (on Lee Circle), and it's really neat! Interesting rooms (used to be a YMCA), new bar and restaurant getting a lot of good buzz (Tamarind, Bellocq), and right on the St. Charles streetcar line.

That's odd...there may be some spillover from Mardi Gras, but most people will be cleared out by the 22nd or 23rd. I checked rates for French Quarter hotels on NewOrleans.com, and there's definitely availability. If you want cheaper rates, definitely look for hotels in the Warehouse-Arts District -- it's easy walking distance to the FQ. I've stayed in the Queen & Crescent and the Cotton Exchange -- not "luxury" by any stretch, but comfortable and easy walking to everything.

Also, Le Cirque hotel just relaunched as the Hotel Modern (on Lee Circle), and it's really neat! Interesting rooms (used to be a YMCA), new bar and restaurant getting a lot of good buzz (Tamarind, Bellocq), and right on the St. Charles streetcar line.

Just wanted to comment on Le Cirque Hotel in case someone is sensitive to noise. The walls are as thin paper. We are locals and stayed there for my daugther's dance recital. The person's in the room next to us cell phone rang and I thought it was my phone. We could here every word they spoke perfectly. Didn't get much sleep at all. Also, you can hear the street car rattling, even with earplugs and a white noise machine. It was one of the worse hotel stays we have ever had. There are much better options and much better locations.

No, I haven't stayed since the renovation. It was last year about this time that I stayed. That is great that they did a renovation because the hotel was in desperate need of one. Hope that they changed the mattresses too. What we had really wasn't a matress but rather some type of foam thing.

Again, I could clearly hear every word the people in the room next to me were saying. Maybe they did soundproof the interior walls because I am sure they received lots and lots of complaints about it. That would definitely be a question I would ask before ever booking this hotel.

Archived