"LIVE" from the Mariner o4-10-05

Radio

Radio, thanks for taking the time to post the info and the pics. My wife and i and, (just found out), some freinds, will on board 4/24. This will be our first RCI cruise and the pics and info are a great help. We are looking forward to a great time.

Thanks again, Bo

Hey...........Have a ball. A group of us (6) will be on the Marnier on May 15th and we're simply counting the days. Let us know how the Ice Show is and how the Shows (in general) are. I've been on the Navigator of the Seas and the Explorer of the Seas and absolutely LOVED them both. Hope the weather is good and I hope you have a marvelous time. Cheers!!

Radio......great job on keeping up with the reviews. How was the day in Labadee ? Is the aqua park worth $15 for 50 minutes for the kids ? We will be on the Thanksgiving sailing of the Mariner this year and the countdown is going sooooo slow...I eagerly await the next day of reviews

Radio......great job on keeping up with the reviews. How was the day in Labadee ? Is the aqua park worth $15 for 50 minutes for the kids ? We will be on the Thanksgiving sailing of the Mariner this year and the countdown is going sooooo slow...I eagerly await the next day of reviews

Hi Slavechild! Just off the Mariner and I can tell you that the 50 minutes at the waterpark was the highlight of the cruise for my son (9). My daughter (11) enjoyed it too! We did it first thing in the am (10 am) and they nagged to do it again after lunch! Worth the $15 I think!:D

Let us know how the Ice Show is and how the Shows (in general) are. I've been on the Navigator of the Seas and the Explorer of the Seas and absolutely LOVED them both. Hope the weather is good and I hope you have a marvelous time. Cheers!!

The ice show is wonderful. Get your free ticket & into the theater fairly early to get good seats. (altho I think any seat is pretty good) The other shows are good as well, but IMHO I thought the ice show was better.

Hey...........Have a ball. A group of us (6) will be on the Marnier on May 15th and we're simply counting the days. Let us know how the Ice Show is and how the Shows (in general) are. I've been on the Navigator of the Seas and the Explorer of the Seas and absolutely LOVED them both. Hope the weather is good and I hope you have a marvelous time. Cheers!!

Hey packslikecrazy. I see you're on the Mariner on the 15th. we are as well. We have a "Roll Call" .....Join our thread at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=73372&page=1&pp=25

(first page)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=73372&page=13&pp=25

(last page as of 12apr)

Radio:

All I can say is YOU ROCK!!!! I enjoyed your thread in January and now with < 5 weeks until my first cruise... You STILL rock!!!!! Thanks for all the update, and assistance. Do you usually do the western route ? We are heading east (MAy 15th MOS), mosty due to timing and working around schedules and price.

But like others are saying... how do you afford it? 2 cruises on Mariner and its not even MAY!!! Do I sound envious? OK, I shalt not covet. Have fun!

Hi Slavechild! Just off the Mariner and I can tell you that the 50 minutes at the waterpark was the highlight of the cruise for my son (9). My daughter (11) enjoyed it too! We did it first thing in the am (10 am) and they nagged to do it again after lunch! Worth the $15 I think!:D

Thanks cruizeblues..... the waterpark sounds like a lot of fun for my two 13yrs. You sold me on it. :p

Hey Radio..any pictures of the aqua park in Labadee ?

Just saw your post. I Haven't, but will do so. You can add 4 adults to that list. Thanks for the link.

Radio, have u noticed any significant changes that stand out over your last 3 cruises?

Just noticed that we are on the same cruise. Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle? The June 12th Mariner is short of the 25 needed for the Meet & Mingle. Here'e our roll call thread. :cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=49901

OrangeinIndy: The name should have been a giveaway, but it wasn't until I saw Otto at the bottom of your post that I got the Syracuse connection - nice to see another SU person here. We are huge fans - our son was the head men's basketball manager for two years (he graduated in 2002 - one year too early!) and our daughter is a junior at Syracue and is the head women's basketball manager - so we get to a lot of games at the Dome and Manley each season. We'll be sailing on the Mariner next week - I see you have a few more weeks to wait.

Radio,

This thread is great! We sail on the MOS the day you get into port. Our 2 kids are going with us. It's been a real treat for them to see the pictures. They can't wait!:D

My DH and myself sailed on the Voyager in 2000. That was our first cruise. This one is our second. I'm soo happy we decided to stay with the Voyager class ships.

What can you tell me about Adventure Ocean? Our kids will be spending quite some time there. They are 7 and 9. Is it something that will keep them interested?

Well, still need to pack, we leave Friday. Can't wait for the sun and warmth!:)

Radio:

Thanks for all the great pix. Brings back such memories. We sailed in March- Eastern. The ship looks the same.

The blue sky & ocean so inviting. Wish I was back there again.

Thank you.

Hello Everyone...... We have just set sail for Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We should be there in just 300nm, or around 9am.

The weather was perfect today, with sunshine, and warmth (about 85f)....we couldn't have asked for a better day. I left the ship at about 10am, with no wait for a tender....

I took lots of pics, but there seems to be a problem with my server (clubphoto.com) I need to upload the pics to them before I post them on Cruise Critic. I'm sure I will have the problem solved soon.

Tommorrow is the Crown and Anchor party, where I will have a chance to talk to the Captain. I have been trying to work out every day....but i think I will go twice today;)

Tonight is the night for the "Quest"...and afterwards the Dancin through the Decades...in Studio B.

Todays free movies are "Shrek 2" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

mom2kids...Adventure Ocean is very popular with the kids, they have alot to do and seem to enjoy it ! I haveall of the Adventure Ocean Compass's posted on my Cruise Photo Page...Just click below ! The have expanded the AO space onboard Mariner.

ORANGEinINDY...We usually go Western, but were on Mariner last May 10, 2004

Slavechild 2... The Aquapark was packed today ! I think it must be worth it....

mtchg...Thanks for the comments. The time is my pleasure...I have been doing this for years and love it !

AlisonoftheSeas...I have a few different camera's, bot this one is a Sony DSCP9. It is a 4 MegaPixel, with a 3X Optical Zoom. It is actually a couple of years old. I take 100's of pics but only use the best ones, sometimes.....

I am hoping to get my pics on line tonight,,,,Keep your fingers crossed ! !

Radio

;) ;)

..So how did you come upon the boardname "Radio"? I make my living in

radio broadcasting so I was curious.

Glad it was such a beautiful day in port..here's to continued great weather

for you here on out!

Mitch

mtchg... I worked at Radio Shack about 20 yrs ago.

I am still unable to post pics on Cruise Critic...I am trying to load the software for shutterfly.com and link to that site..... This is a very slow connection today....Sorry:confused:

Stand By....

Radio

;) ;)

OKay....I actually got Club Photo to work.... It must have been a weak connection.

Some pics from today....

Radio

Some Labadee Locals boarding Mariner

46879419-5090-02000180-.jpg

Loading Supplies.....

46877399-54d4-02000180-.jpg

And away we go....

46879340-8a85-02000180-.jpg

The Beautiful Mariner of the Seas

46877620-f9f0-02000156-.jpg

Welcome to Labadee....

46878049-1272-02000180-.jpg

OrangeinIndy: The name should have been a giveaway, but it wasn't until I saw Otto at the bottom of your post that I got the Syracuse connection - nice to see another SU person here. We are huge fans - our son was the head men's basketball manager for two years (he graduated in 2002 - one year too early!) and our daughter is a junior at Syracue and is the head women's basketball manager - so we get to a lot of games at the Dome and Manley each season. We'll be sailing on the Mariner next week - I see you have a few more weeks to wait.

You're in VERMONT!!! I am suprised I can even type the name. I am a huge 'Cuse fan as well. Born and raised in North Syracuse.

Take care of the Mariner for us next week. we are VERY excited to go on her.

Radio...love the updates and all the pictures!!!! I feel as if I'm cruising right there too!!!! Looks like you have picture perfect weather!!! Sorry you don't like late dining, we had it once, never again!

Did you go to Quest?

Enjoy the C& A party!!

Keep the pictures coming!

Radio

The live updates are great but I hope you aren't spending all your time on the computer...We sailed on the Mariner last October and WE LOVED IT....Seeing your pictures brings it all back...can't wait to see the rest of the week

My kids loved AO...Juicyfruit Jenny (manager) and Mr. Noodles were favorites.

:cool:

You're in VERMONT!!! I am suprised I can even type the name. I am a huge 'Cuse fan as well. Born and raised in North Syracuse.

Take care of the Mariner for us next week. we are VERY excited to go on her.

Count me in as another "Orange Fan" I grew up in Central Square (a few miles north of you) and my father is an SU Grad. Moved to Binghamton six years ago, but still try to get to the dome for at least a few games each season!:)

.....of course, we won't mention the tournament.....:(

Radio

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO AND PICS SO FAR

IF YOU ARE HAVING A COOL DRINK AT THE 19th HOLE

AND JOSEPH IS BEHIND THE BAR WILL YOU SAY HI FROM ME

AND IF HE WILL BE THERE ON SEPT 18 ASK HIM TO HAVE A COOL

BEER WAITING FOR ME

GER.............FROM THE EMERLD ISLE

Archived