"LIVE" from the Mariner o4-10-05

Radio

Radio, thanks for the pics. It was nice to hear from you again. Maybe we'll get a chance to sail together again in the future.

I'm glad to hear it was a relaxing cruise - we're doing it on May 22, and are looking forward to just vegging out!

Rita & Bill

Here's a couple more pics.....

Radio

;)

Back on Board...

46989374-da64-02000180-.jpg

Senor Frogs 1/2 (at the International Pier)

46989409-1281-02000180-.jpg

Star Princess

46991216-db81-02000178-.jpg

Key West Coast Guard to the rescue.....

46991217-0df9-02000180-.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. We can't wait for Sept. 25 heading for the same three places.

Question: Was there a tour you wish you had been on or was there one you went on that you wish you hadn't? At this point we are renting a vehicle for 7 in each port. What is your suggestion? Is there a "must see" spot we should include?

Hey, The Star Princess looks like a nice ship. I assume that is a Princess Line cruise ship? Can anyone confirm that? Any idea what the size of that ship is in comparison to Mariner?

Yes it is a Princess ship....It is 109,000 GVT...It is not the biggest Princess ship though....That would be the Caribbean Princess at 116,000 GVT. The Mariner is at 138,000. It is a beautiful ship though....I've been on the Grand Princess, but not the Star.

Radio

;) ;)

This will be my final post from onboard Mariner of the Seas....I have to turn in my Cybercabin Kit.

I hope I was able to answer all questions.....If not , I will be home on Monday Morning and should be able to if possible. I do plan on scanning all Compass's and posting on my Cruise Photo Page.

I really had a great time on the ship, and in all of the ports of call. I met alot of very nice people at the Meet and Mingle Party. I don't remember all of the names, but I do remember Skyking,Smoky Mountain Tim, Cajunboy, and bigdaddy.

We're about 30 miles from Miami...and should be in Port Canaveral by about 5am tommorrow.

Thanks again for letting me bring the Beautiful Mariner of the Seas a little closer to you...

Thanks for tuning in....

Radio

;) ;)

Final Day at Sea

46996326-ab9a-02000180-.jpg

Cleaning Up....

46996383-d5b8-02000180-.jpg

Final Sunset from the Mariner of the Seas

46996423-f25d-0200017A-.jpg

-

Radio - I spent every day this week patiently waiting for your postings. Mostly I wanted to see pictures of the ship itself, and you did not disappoint. Even better, all of your port pictures have sparked an interest in a Western Caribbean itinerary, which I never had before this thread. Now I can't wait to see these places for myself. Thanks for your generous time and talent.

Best wishes for safe travel home -

Maddle

Radio:

A big thank you for all the hard work you put in to give us a taste of the cruise. We are looking forward to our cruise in July, and you're pictures have made it come alive. I've also enjoyed looking at all of your pictures in Radio's cruise page.

Have a great trip home!

RADIO-

Thanks so much, i have enjoyed so much reading this thread, even though i have been on the mariner before, i just love looking at the pictures and reading your posts. i will be sailing the mariner again on may 8th with what seems to be a great bunch of people. it kinda made me sad when reading your last post and looking at those last pictures, it reminded me of that depressing last day on board the mariner last year. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us and im glad you had a wonderful time.

nanci

Ive waited till the last post from you RADIO,to thank you for taking your time to help keep the spirits of so many of us very high this week. even tho we were at work,and you were on vacation.you gave us just a little piece of what you had.and for that i will be forever grateful.cant wait till our 7 days on the Mariner on june 26 Thanks agin.....

Thanks Radio,

It is sooo nice of you to take the time and post

everyday while you are on vacation!!!

We are on the Mariner 4 weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting really excited......thanks for the AWESOME

preview!

Hope you have a safe trip home :)

Sherri

Radio,

Thank you so much! Our trip was ending as yours began last week, so your posts have really helped to extend our vacation, at least virtually. Hope the seas weren't too rough last night. Have a safe trip back home and we look forward to hearing more from you again soon!

Question: Was there a tour you wish you had been on or was there one you went on that you wish you hadn't? At this point we are renting a vehicle for 7 in each port. What is your suggestion? Is there a "must see" spot we should include?

Radio,

After reading your daily posts, I am thinking about doing the same thing for our Sept. 18th Eastern Itinerary on the Mariner. Do you have any words of advice?

Thanks for your great trip report.

Anyone else on the September 18th sailing of the mariner, visit us

Hello everyone. I am on the Auto Train in Sanford, Florida waiting for the train to leave at 4pm. We arrive in Lorton, VA tommorrow at 8:30am. I am using my Mobile Office Kit, which allows me to access the internet without using a phone or broadband connection....courtesy of Verizon Wireless.

kipper0961....It will be easy to do as long as you first post your pics to a website of your own or a place like www.clubphoto.com or www.shutterfly.com

You will have no problem connecting with Cybercabin....

Shipreck....I have been on over 30 cruises but have never booked an excursion through the cruiseline...We rent a car in almost every port.....

Again a big THANKS for all of the nice comments that have been posted on this thread.....

My connection may not be stable on my trip north....but I will ancwer any questions if possible.

Radio

;) ;)

Radio

I just wish to echo my thanks along with all the others for a very informative and delightful account of your week on Mariner. My one and only previous cruise was on Mariner with the same itinerary as you in April 2004. I brought back so many great memories.

My only question is, was Nadia still in charge of Vintages? As a first time cruiser and a person who likes to try different wines, she was absolutely fantastic.

I can't wait for my next RCI cruise on Navigator in less than 3 weeks time! This time the eastern itinerary from Miami on May 7th. I've been completely converted to cruising and the Caribbean even though it's a fair way from the UK. I enjoy the Caribbean so much we took a last minute break to Antigua in February. But still will have time for a 3 day European cruise on Brilliance in October.

Once again, many thanks for your reports. I doubt I can do it on Navigator as I can't take the company laptop on holiday, and my desktop is little too large as carry-on!

I will keep notes though and definitely photos and post when I return.

Peteukmcr

Manchester, UK

Archived