Lobster / Crab specials

marek165

A good rule of thumb is to avoid lobster on NCL. In my experience, it's very poorly done. Fortunately, lots of better choices.

Agreed!

For a good laugh, try it when it is free in the MDR. For the love of Mike, do NOT pay the extra $8 on top of the $25 for lobster at Cagney's.

Often it's the first night. I like them, don't like lobster otherwise, though I've tried, even lived in the maritimes. I know it's odd, but I guess I like Caribbean lobster cooked to death. :) they've been serving it with snapper recently, and it was a great meal.

Agreed!

For a good laugh, try it when it is free in the MDR. For the love of Mike, do NOT pay the extra $8 on top of the $25 for lobster at Cagney's.

We also agree. The Maine lobster at Cagney's was the only dish we ever sent back on NCL. It was horribly overcooked and tasted awful.

beachchick

Going out on the Dawn in Feb. A friend told me that there are daily menu specials and one or two nights there is a Lobster and crab special. Were would this be posted?

when are they free at the MDR. Do they post somewhere in advance.

Your MDR will have 2 sides to their menu. The one side is the same menu offered daily and has 5 entees fish, beef, lamb, chicken and pasta. The other side changes daily and has again 4 entrees similar to the above categories + 1 entree listed as the Chef's special. On one of the nights of your sailing the "fish" dish will be lobster. Some recent cruisers have said this is on the first night, some have said the first sea day.

Your daily menus are posted outside of the MDR on the wall.

Some people, as you can see, will try and discourage you from ordering it. My advice is, if you like lobster to try it and make up your own mind. Some will tell you it is too small so order 2. If you don't like it you can always order something else from your 9 other choices or leave the MDR and go to one of the other 12 dining venues.

If you like crab, try the crab cakes in Cagney's. They are served with a lobster remoulade sauce that is great. It's only an appetizer but I asked for it as an entree and added some sides to it. It is a smaller serving but if you really liked it and wanted more, they would oblige.

Going out on the Dawn in Feb. A friend told me that there are daily menu specials and one or two nights there is a Lobster and crab special. Were would this be posted?

Any Lobster or Crab specials are usually just bits and pieces over rice. There are, however, some excellant fish entres' such as atlantic salmon, Mahi-mahi, to name a couple.

If you like crab, try the crab cakes in Cagney's. They are served with a lobster remoulade sauce that is great. It's only an appetizer but I asked for it as an entree and added some sides to it. It is a smaller serving but if you really liked it and wanted more, they would oblige.

Made from that rare Idonesion Crab :D

2759715880059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

A good rule of thump is to go and experience the lobster yourself and generate your own opinion on well it is done.

After reading this, I think I might order two lobsters, ask them to try and not overcook them, and order another entree that looks good just in case. That way if I like it, I'll have plenty and I'll make sure the other entree is something that pairs well with the lobster. Hopefully, if there's a problem it will be solved in advance and won't have to wait for another entree to be served... :) Last time it was Lobster night on another cruiseline, I ordered a steak dish as well and that worked out great! Fortunately I'm not a real picky eater, I can eat alot and I don't like to waste food ...:)

After reading this, I think I might order two lobsters, ask them to try and not overcook them, and order another entree that looks good just in case. That way if I like it, I'll have plenty and I'll make sure the other entree is something that pairs well with the lobster. Hopefully, if there's a problem it will be solved in advance and won't have to wait for another entree to be served... :) Last time it was Lobster night on another cruiseline, I ordered a steak dish as well and that worked out great! Fortunately I'm not a real picky eater, I can eat alot and I don't like to waste food ...:)

Well sounds like a really good solution ;)

A good rule of thumb is to avoid lobster on NCL. In my experience, it's very poorly done. Fortunately, lots of better choices.

sad, but true.

If you want decent lobster, you have to pay extra and get it at LeBistro.

We always order the Lobster Tail with the steak and make our own surf and turf...

I LOVE surf & turf, but IMO the fish that is usually served with the half lobster tail is way better than the lobster! And lobster is my fave food! The best lobster meal I ever had on a ship was Princess' balcony dining, but the best lobster ever was on a lobster bake excursion in NF. Like the other posters said, just try it! Get two lobster tail halves instead of the fish, or get a steak to make S&T, but you have nothing to lose because you didn't have to pay extra over your base fare! Can't wait to have mine this Feb on the Jewel!!!

A frozen Rock tail? The only real place to get good lobster is in your back yard or fresh grilled Caribbean Lobster on one of the islands.

I'll check again, but I haven't found any lobsters in my back yard yet ;)

:)Why not try it - it is FREE! Well at least it is included in your cruise fare. If you don't like it order something else!

I like the way you think

:)Why not try it - it is FREE! Well at least it is included in your cruise fare. If you don't like it order something else!

Great advice! That's exactly what I did. DW talked for years about how great lobster tail was and I could never justify paying market rate at a nice restaurant to find out I did not like it.

So on a recent cruise I ordered the lobster tail. Guess what? I hated it. So I sent it back and order the veal parm.:)

Great advice! That's exactly what I did. DW talked for years about how great lobster tail was and I could never justify paying market rate at a nice restaurant to find out I did not like it.

So on a recent cruise I ordered the lobster tail. Guess what? I hated it. So I sent it back and order the veal parm.:)

That's like saying you hate italian food because you didn't like your first taste of canned spaghetti. You still have no idea what a fresh, steamed New England lobster tastes like.

Archived