ocean conditions out of Galveston

Disneycruisers

When did you cruise and as you got closer to Cozumel how was the weather?

We were on the 12/4 sailing of the Magic. It was cool, gray and rainy when we left Galveston - but even the first day at sea was sunny and warm enough to enjoy being on deck.

All of the ports (including Cozumel) were beautiful. I think it was upper 70's in Cozumel when we were there.

The way home was another story! :( The last 2 days at sea it got colder more windy and gray the closer we got to Galveston. The last sea day is was too cold and windy to be out on deck - even in jeans and a sweatshirt :eek: :o

You never know. I've cruised the Gulf of Mexico 6 times, and have had a huge variety of experiences, from over 25 foot waves to completely still waters. The most gentle was my December cruise out of Galveston. Don't worry too much about recent reports, as this past month to 2 months have had unusually rough waters out there. It'll turn around. But you need to be prepared. Rough waters can come out of nowhere and for seemingly no reason. We once had a light rain storm that shook up the waters something terrible. And we've had stronger storms that left the waters calm.

Archived