Luggage Valet service at Miami

carolbr

Does anybody know whether Celebrity do Luggage Valet at Miami in connection with an evening British Airways flight post cruise? If not is there an alternative for getting bags to airport or storing somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated - we are on Eclipse in January.

Carol

Does anybody know whether Celebrity do Luggage Valet at Miami in connection with an evening British Airways flight post cruise? If not is there an alternative for getting bags to airport or storing somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated - we are on Eclipse in January.

Carol

I think it depends on whether enough people sign up for it during the cruise. I was on the 12/10 Eclipse sailing and signed up for it because I had a late flight but it was cancelled because not enough people signed up. I was on Delta. I think the airlines send someone to pick up the bags and it's not cost efficient without several people. Don't know about alternatives...I just took my suitcase myself.

British Airways has not been on the participating list of airlines in the past. Also, if I'm remembering correctly (it's been a year or two since I last read the info on board) the program required a final destination within the continental USA.

Also, even if the program is offered and your flights qualify, participation is not certain. If you need something confirmed to do post cruise look into alternatives like a tour that carries your luggage, car rental, or a day room at a hotel.

You can also call British Airways and see if they'll allow you to get to the airport right away and check your bags so you can leave and do something else during the day and return later for your flight. Once when we were stuck without an option in San Juan we found our airline there (not BA) allowed us to do so.

Luggage Valet is not generally offered on International flights... There may be others but the only exception I've ever seen covered Americans returning to the US from Vancouver [and perhaps--I'm just not sure-- Canadians returning to a major Canadian airport from a major US port city]...

Similarly, such service is not available to Americans who return from places like Southampton and Civitavecchia.

Archived