Best dune buggy/jeep excursion

ufmurphys

In May we will be sailing on the Explorer(Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel,GC) with our kids (10&8). Thought we would visit Altun Ha ruins in Belize but now rethininking this. We have booked with Capt. Bryans in GC because of all the positive reports on this board. Now wondering if we should spend the $300+ to do a dune buggy or jeep excursion in one of the other ports. It would be great if we could find one that includes snorkling from the shore. Any advice I can get will be appreciated! Thanks for the help:)

Eco Jeep and Snorkel is great! If you do a search on them, you will see many reviews The snorkeling is some of the best on the island in my opinion. Think I will try to go out this week! I have had several people email me about this tour. Just wanted to pass along some info I had posted earlier about it.

<Another option if you don't want to venture out on your own is to do a tour through the ship. Alot of people don't want to risk missing the ship or just feel more comfortable doing a "ship" tour. I have done almost all of the tours and know most of the guys. My absolute favorite is the ECO JEEP AND SNORKEL tour. You go in jeeps (4 to a jeep) all the way south to Punta Sur park. Within Punta Sur, you get some historical background on the Mayans (small but important ruins there - Miguel gives a fantastic speech about the Mayans), get in alittle shopping at the gift center, see the saltwater crocodiles being fed, go to the lighthouse (beautiful view from the top), either do some beach time or go snorkeling (the most incrediable reef I have seen here and all equipment is provided) and then some FUN offroading in the jeeps on the way back to the pier. The guides are very safety concious, professional and informative. Soft drinks and bottled water are passed out all during the tour along with chips at the beach. Way fun for all ages...last time I went out with them there were people from about 12 to mid 70's. Everyone had a blast! I highly recommend.>

I have out with them 2 more times since posting this last year. Each time my experience has gotten better and better. Took the aqua scooter I am testing for my company out there a couple of weeks ago and had a blast on the reef. Like I said, it is some of the most beautiful snorkeling I have seen here. And although the reef is a distance from the shore (about 100 yds) there are 2 platforms that you can stop and rest at if needed. If you are hestitant about getting to the reef, you can hitch a ride on the inflatable dingy that is used to follow the snorkel group.

In addition...

-There are a very small number of automatic Jeeps available. But you are in groups of 4 so driving should not be a problem riding with someone who knows how if you don't.

-They don't have a website.

-If your ship doesn't offer this trip, you can still go on it. Just email me and I can help.

-No I don't work for them.

-I am still trying to post pictures...

-Just a great outfit!

Sorry for the late response...work has kept me real busy. I don´t like driving in the sand. And especially in deep sand where you have to really concentrate. So I can´t recommend the other excursions. But I sure love Eco Jeep and Snorkel!

Archived