what i learned on the enchantment

johno95

I just cruised on the Enchantment, and will be sailing on the same cruise same itinerary 3 months later. i hope i learned something to bring to the second cruise...

1) eat the Raisin Bran early on. they will run out.

2) if you're doing My Time Dining, don't show up at the dining room. unless the dining room has a particularly good menu, do the Windjammer instead. the buffet is great.

3) In the Windjammer, the bus boy bringing you coffee and water and other things is really a waiter in the dining room during other sailings. if he treats you well, treat him well...with a good tip at the end of the cruise.

4) go for the omelets (breakfast) and make-your-own pizza (dinner) in the Windjammer early in the cruise or when things are slow. These items will become very popular.

5) The chicken can't be beat in the Windjammer. And they have several variations like broiled chicken, baked chicken, roasted chicken, etc.

6) Steal a teaspoon from the Windjammer and keep it with you at all times in case you need it to eat soft ice cream, if you tire of the cones.

7) At the Windjammer, if the cookies are stiff and appear stale, bring them back to your stateroom. By the next day they will soften up and be perfect.

8) The ice dispenser in the solarium will be turned off during on certain days.

end

If you plan on doing the WJ for dinner, than do not chose MTD. MTD you must prepay your gratituities. If you chose MDR, you tip those waiters as well as if you have favorites in the WJ. (of course you must then tip stateroom attendant etc accordingly). We actually don't like waiting for dinner in the MDR and WJ pretty much matches the MDR menu each night.

You mean borrow (not steal) a teaspoon from WJ. :D

I just cruised on the Enchantment, and will be sailing on the same cruise same itinerary 3 months later. i hope i learned something to bring to the second cruise...

1) eat the Raisin Bran early on. they will run out.

2) if you're doing My Time Dining, don't show up at the dining room. unless the dining room has a particularly good menu, do the Windjammer instead. the buffet is great.

3) In the Windjammer, the bus boy bringing you coffee and water and other things is really a waiter in the dining room during other sailings. if he treats you well, treat him well...with a good tip at the end of the cruise.

4) go for the omelets (breakfast) and make-your-own pizza (dinner) in the Windjammer early in the cruise or when things are slow. These items will become very popular.

5) The chicken can't be beat in the Windjammer. And they have several variations like broiled chicken, baked chicken, roasted chicken, etc.

6) Steal a teaspoon from the Windjammer and keep it with you at all times in case you need it to eat soft ice cream, if you tire of the cones.

7) At the Windjammer, if the cookies are stiff and appear stale, bring them back to your stateroom. By the next day they will soften up and be perfect.

8) The ice dispenser in the solarium will be turned off during on certain days.

end

Any tips of the vessel itself or did you spend your entire vacation inside the Windjammer?:rolleyes:

additional thoughts:

we liked the WJ bcz (as u know) you can wear anything u want, within reason. and the buffet for lunch and dinner is much better than some other ships. you don't have to stick to a specific time.

but we were signed up for My Time Dining, and went several times, and loved Jerome. Loved him. But he would not go home with us.

as far as things around the ship:

1) the tasting of liquor was not for a half hour like on some ships, but several hours. impressive. no, we didn't taste for several hours. hee hee!!!

2) the girl at the My Time desk was quite accommodating, and had a remerkable memory, even for passengers who would, on the second night of the cruise, say stuff like, "we'll have the usual table!" puleese!!!

3) very few kids on this sailing, and they were all quite cute. except for the ghost kid on my hall who kept stealing our DO NOT DISTURB card, regardless of how often we replaced it.

4) shower curtain was mildewy at the bottom, and just needed to be thrown in the washing machine with some bleach. here and there, around the ship, i got the feeling like things could use a dab of paint, a spot of glue, but weren't getting this treatment because a 2012 dry dock is upcoming.

5) good selection of movie channels on the stateroom tv, and both FOX News and CNN International. (In the past I have only found the later, which i don't like.)

Any tips of the vessel itself or did you spend your entire vacation inside the Windjammer?:rolleyes:

Recently off the Enchantment too :) but they weren't out of Raisin Bran. It just wasn't put out. I just asked for it each day after they stopped putting it out! They had a huge stash out on the last day of all days!

I also learned this ship can really hide the kids. I was told there were 500 kids aboard but I swear I only saw maybe 50. I agree about the ghost kid. I heard the pitter patter of kiddie feet every night on the deck above us!

Agree 100% about the girl at the MTD desk.

Lastly, this ship is a "love boat"--- there are 120 couples among the crew!

Archived