Flying Fish, where can one go to just sample/no meal?

sightseersalso

We would like to try flying fish. Heard it is good. Also, heard we can try at any bar or little cafe. Do we need to be super cautious in Barbados? Anyone know a good place close to port and nothing fancy? Thanks

My husband and I had a lunch consisting of a flying fish sandwich and drinks. Cost: Under $10 US. Is that little enough food for you?

If so, Mustor's in Bridgetown is your place. Here's a link to a more detailed review of the place, including directions, that I wrote: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/826645

Super cautions? In my husband's and my opinion, the people are the warmest anywhere in the Caribbean. The literacy rate is 99% on this island. There's little worry about your physical safety.

Admittedly, we avoided an attempted scam when we were getting a taxi for a day's drive around the island. We wanted a price from our assigned taxi driver before we walked to his car. , but he didn't answer our question the first time. He kept walking towards his car and saying "Come this way" or "Let's get out of the crowd." When I asked twice -- while we were still very much within the crowd of other taxi drivers I finally said, "Is there a reason why you keep refusing to answer my question about the price?" Of course there was! I knew full well that he was going to take us away from the crowd, and quote us an outrageous price. He was hoping that having walked away from other drivers, we would give in a accept his high quote rather than walking back and starting over with another driver. If he had quoted that outrageous price in the presence of the other drivers they would have shouted lower prices at us. By refusing to walk away with him, another driver heard my displesure at the difficulty getting a price from the first driver. The second one shouted out a price that was wholly acceptable to us: $80 (US) for approximately three-hours.

Archived