Any recent nassau visitors? How is the water?

ugh07

If you google it they say the water is never cooler than 72........ And it ws 80 degrees there today!

That's an average.. and some websites have that number at 70..

Sorry to say, but there are weeks in the winter that are absolutely less that 72. Especially after a prolonged cold spell.

We were just in Nassau on Dec 27th and the water was great! We had never been there before and just asked a local if there was a good beach in walking distance. He recommended Junkanoo Beach (also known as Western Esplanade on some of the maps) just a 10 min walk from the dock.

I was a bit dubious going to a "downtown" beach, but surprisingly the beach itself was quite clean and extremely large, and the water was crystal clear. It was a little chilly going in, but I quickly got used to it. I must have spent 45 min in the water and could have spent more.

That's an average.. and some websites have that number at 70..

Sorry to say, but there are weeks in the winter that are absolutely less that 72. Especially after a prolonged cold spell.

We were just in Nassau on Dec 27th and the water was great! We had never been there before and just asked a local if there was a good beach in walking distance. He recommended Junkanoo Beach (also known as Western Esplanade on some of the maps) just a 10 min walk from the dock.

I was a bit dubious going to a "downtown" beach, but surprisingly the beach itself was quite clean and extremely large, and the water was crystal clear. It was a little chilly going in, but I quickly got used to it. I must have spent 45 min in the water and could have spent more.

Thanks DebbyV and scubagirrl. We will have to check out Junkanoo Beach.

Water temp & being comfortable is relative to where you are from...:)...I've been a florida gal for 32 years now & the water temps Dec-april are waaaay to chilly for me...

Too true. I used to live in CA but have been a MN resident for 20+ years now. When I found myself enjoying the beach in FL in Dec, I had to shake my head. Pretty sure my MN native kid's will think the water's fine. LOL

I'm a Florida native and most would probably consider me a wimp about water temps. But we were at Blue Lagoon in Nassau on Friday and while it was a bit of a shock to the system, I braved it and dove in. After a few minutes it was fine:D! We even got inner tubes and floated around it in for an hour.

Oh and the water was 76°F....

I'm a Florida native and most would probably consider me a wimp about water temps. But we were at Blue Lagoon in Nassau on Friday and while it was a bit of a shock to the system, I braved it and dove in. After a few minutes it was fine:D! We even got inner tubes and floated around it in for an hour.

The shallow water in the interior of blue lagoon island is generally a few degrees warmer than most beaches..

Water temp these days elsewhere in Nassau / PI is closer to 70°F..

;)Thanks, this is good news!

Just back from a B2B on the RCL Majesty of the Seas and NCL Sky. The water was nice enough for us to swim and snorkel.

Thanks for the update. We're getting close and plan to check out the weather forecast before actually booking any excursions, so this is very good to know! Welcome back to the real world :o

we were there on Sunday (22nd) and it was pretty cold. Hubby got out after just a few minutes and would not get back in. It took your breath away at first, but I got used to it fairly quick. Overall, it really was not bad and the longer the day went on, the warmer it seemed to get- I would imagine the temp was low 70's after lunch.

My daughter and I were just there over the weekend and we spent the day at the Hilton and we were only brave enough to go in up to our waists. It was too chilly for us!

Thanks! The Segway tour is looking more appealing all the time ;) I guess that with you being from Greensboro you are used to the same weather that we are, so I'm sure it will be cold for us too.

Archived