Windstar-April 30-Lisbon to Rome

suzyque54

Anyone else on this cruise? This is our first Windstar cruise and we are looking for fellow passengers. Also, is anyone interested in sharing a car from the Civitavecchi Port into Rome (we are going to the Lord Byron Hotel).:)

We posted that we'll be on the Windstar on 4/30 in Lisbon, going to Rome. I think the post date was 3/24. At any rate, HELLO. We are mikemari. We'll be in Rm 120 if that helps. We are staying at the Holiday Inn in Rome and would be happy to share a car if there's room for all the baggage. I don't know where your hotel is but ours is slightly southwest of the center of Rome, about 5 miles away from the center. See you on board!:)

Anyone else on this cruise? This is our first Windstar cruise and we are looking for fellow passengers. Also, is anyone interested in sharing a car from the Civitavecchi Port into Rome (we are going to the Lord Byron Hotel).:)

:p Suzyque--see post regarding shore excursions, 4/8 I believe. There was good info on many of the ports we visit.

I checked the map of Rome and concluded that your hotel (Lord Byron) and ours (Holiday Inn-Parco dei Medici) are pretty far apart. You may want to withdraw your offer.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. I did call our hotel and they will send a car for a price (not cheap), but at least it will get us there. Windstar will transport you for 75$ each but they only drop you off at the hotel they have booked or at the Piazza Barberini. We will probably go for the car service from our hotel. Thanks for your reply and I look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

• 1 month later...

I hope that you check for recent postings even tho it's all over. We took a taxi to the Holiday Inn for only 160 euros. Hiway robbery!

We felt that Rome was seriously overcrowded with people, schoolkids, cars, and motorbikes. We did take a tour but it wasn't very well organized...didn't get to see some of the promised sites due to timing and aching feet. I hope your stay was better for you and Paul.

Send us your findings. Our e-mail is mikemari@msn.com.

Archived