Newbie to Oasis: Boardwalk/Central Park Balcony?

We had a CP balcony. From your perspective/needs of a balcony, you will love it. Being able to look out your balcony/window to see the ocean when it can be seen elsewhere fairly easily is not worth $1000 to me. I think your approach/attitude is perfect for a CP balcony for you.

Thanks! I'm sure everything will be fine, actually, it will be awesome!!

We are in connecting cabins 8723 And 8725. They are Boardwalk balconies. According to RCCL Nd my agent these are very sought after connectors. They are 3 and 4 back from end of boardwalk, closest to Aqua theatre. I have apprehensions of the location. I would prefer being higher and possibly further back. When new cabins come up, both my agent and RCCL say these are better. What comes up are either on deck 14 or further forward on deck 9. Any input is very welcomed:

Deck 11/12/14 have the "secret" balconies at the very aft of the stateroom corridor. They're pretty damned close to having your own personal aquatheatre suite balcony and were seldom occupied.

If you weren't happy with the aquatheatre view from your BW balcony you would potentially only be a short walk to one of these balconies instead if you're on one of those decks.

We spent our fair share of time on the deck 11/12 ones as they were larger than the deck 14 one.

Like Langley, I am also in the group of people that have booked a Boardwalk Balcony cabin and I would not do it agin. I completely understand, that if you are on a budget a BW balcony is probably better than no balcony (especially since the Oasis/Allure cabins are so small). But you should be aware of the entire situation since you are not disappointed. BW balconies are noisier with less privacy and are not a place to escape during the day. I had one of the best possible BW balconies and I didn't feel a strong connection with the ocean. For me, watching the belly flop contest and the Aqua show from the balcony didn't out weigh the negatives.

:):) Hi

We were just on the Oasis Dec 10 BW 11303 and our friends has 11329, NO children with us. We both loved this location. We loved sitting on our balcony having a drink before dinner or having our breakfast from room service. One night I wasn't feeling so well so didn't want to be out and about but sitting on the balcony made me feel better as I was still able to people watch and see the aqua theatre and the big screen movies. Also the night of our reservations for the aqua show it was raining lightly so we stayed on our balconies and watched it from there. We also used the back balcony on deck 11 for the sailway and picture taking (everyone can have access to it but not eveyone knows about these)

The noise level at night is really not that bad and the BW stores etc shut down at 11:00 pm so I can't see how anyone can say the noise kept them up all night. Even during the day and early hours of night we shut our balcony door and we could not hear anything. I was surprised as to how little the balconies are used by others. It is really nice to watch the zipline and people on the sports deck from our balcony. My friends room was further to the back so they had a better view of the ocean but we still did get to see it. We walked thru Central Park several times during the day and evening and found that this part of the ship is not used very much except for dining. One night around 10:00pm we walked thru and did not meet another person but there was people in the dining venues.

If you have children I think they would love the BW balconies. We were over the carousel and it was nice to see all the children going on it and they did face painting & games every day right beside it.

What ever your choice I am sure you will have fun on this beautiful ship.

And, isn't it so nice that the ships are so big, that there are lots of options for all different tastes and families? Some that like the hubbub, some that don't. Ones that want to be a part of the action, others that want a bit more peace. People that like larger spaces, others that rarely use their rooms...and on and on. It's one of the reasons we like RCI!

And, isn't it so nice that the ships are so big, that there are lots of options for all different tastes and families? Some that like the hubbub, some that don't. Ones that want to be a part of the action, others that want a bit more peace.

Totally agree. We loved our inside stateroom because it was dark, quiet, and cool. Others would never contemplate something that didn't at least have a window, or a balcony.

There is no shortage of different staterooms to fill different tastes, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...
I am also booked in a CP Balcony on deck 11 for the 4/29 cruise. We can't book too far ahead, so basically for our budget, we could only book a CP or BW Balcony, or an INSIDE cabin. For us to jump up to an ocean view balcony, it would have been $1000 more. For us, that $1000 covers our airfare from Buffalo, our pre-cruise hotel, and some extra! So, we're doing the CP Balcony. I am a little apprehensive as well, but realistically, we enjoy our balcony in the morning for our room service coffee, and rarely use the balcony after that! So I think we'll be fine, and as far as noise goes, people talk about a special latch on the doors that pretty much sound proofs the rooms during the day.

I'd love to hear from someone who had a CP Balcony and loved it!! It would make me feel better! I know we'll have a great cruise anyway!

Here I am, the person that loved the CP.

We booked the 7 day "maiden voyage" on the Allure, and had a central park balcony. We absolutely loved it. We cruised the Allure again, booking an ocean view balcony. My husband said, next time do central park or try boardwalk.

I do agree with others that said it was hot. That was in the month of December when we had CP. With that said, we did keep our door open so, did that contribute to the heat? probably. Also, it was the maiden voyage, were there some kinks in the system? maybe. We did hear someone in the concierge lounge venting about the heat in his stateroom, also a central park. So, who knows. I am going with an open mind. Just booked a b2b on Oasis, in central park.

We do many cruises a year and we usually do a balcony oceanview. So, when we do the Oasis class, we like to book something different. We enjoyed hearing the pool music in the afternoon.... bagpipes one evening in the park etc. Quiet when you closed the door.

I hoped this helped, but I think this is probably what you would call "subjective". Enjoy your cruise, regardless.

We also had a CP view on Oasis and loved it! We were on deck 10 and never noticed any pool party noise or anything. I quite enjoyed it. At night it was very peaceful with piano type music piped in along with the cricket noises. It was great. I didn't really notice the balcony being hot.. but to be honest I wasn't out on my balcony in the afternoon.. usually in the morning for breakfast and in the evening. Would I have liked to have an ocean view? yes.. but at the time I was worried about being seasick and thought having the ocean right outside my window might be too much for me. After a few days on the ship I soon realized I would have been fine. Also, a CP cabin was cheaper.

Hope this helps.

D

Archived