Majesty of the Seas Superior Ocean View ?'s

Hello to all:

Sailing on Majesty and have questions please. Currently booked on Deck 9 in Superior Ocean View. Like larger cabin, but concerned that I will not be able to look down and see ocean due to lifeboats on Deck 8. Can anybody tell me if they have done this? I just can't sell Hubby on the balcony on 10. $600.00 more and since doing other things this summer if I want to go, I am on 9. I do love a balcony, but am always just happy to sail.

Also, I saw a small picture that looked like compact refrig in Sup O/V. Is that true or do I need to haul the collapsable cooler? And, while I am at it, isn't there a couch in the corner?

Hey, if anyone has any true pictures on line of Sup O/V in Majesty would love to see them.

Last of all, do any of you have a room service menu for Majesty? It has been my experience that some of the older ships don't offer the same room service menu as newer ones.

Thanks as always for your comments and advice.

Was on Majesty several years back now, Deck7 OV. I do not rememeber the specific lifeboat setup, but with a window cabin - there is not much looking "down" to the water line anyway.

Remember, it is not the cabin you sleep in at night that counts....it is the deck chair you nap in during the afternoon.....and dreaming how to spend that $600...<grin>

Often times, room service will accept orders for unlisted items. Ask and see what they say. There was a mini fridge in our OV cabin, but I would trust someone more recent to answer for sure..

We were on Majesty in 9540 in October and will be again in 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boats block the view STRAIGHT down but not out.

In other words you can't see the water lapping against the ship but you can see from about 40 feet out on to the horizon.

You are basically looking OVER the lifeboats.

We spent about 10 minutes total looking out window anyway because you are never in your room anyway.

Our pics are here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/natish3000bobo

if you want to email me at natish3000@yahoo.com I can send you the best pics I can find from our 600+ pics or answer any specific questions.

We were on Monarch last January and the pictures we have of our room look identical to the above posters pics of Majesty. If you book the room just forward of the elevator on either side, you'll be between lifeboats and have a slitghtly better view. I took pictures of the view and have them posted at

http://community.webshots.com/user/dougp26364 .

Thanks so much for hitting it right on the head. You knew exactly what I meant re: the lifeboat view.

We are currently booked in Cabin 9054 so will sure think about this. Do love the convenience to Deck 11. I also appreciate the cabin number info and will check into that as well.

Thanks again and if anyone has any other input, it will be greatly appreciated as to any other tidbits of knowledge on this ship...

We are also looking at that category of room. Can you tell me if there is a pizzaria on the Majesty? We are looking at either the Sovreign or the Majesty (same basic cruise & same cabin category) and trying to decide based on some of the "little" issues (like pizzaria-for our daughter and possibly partially blocked view). Thanks for any help you can give me!:)

Not really a "pizzaria" as in a place to sit down and have pizza brounght to you.

But there is pizza served pretty much all the time on deck.

I can't remember where the pizza staion was located but think it was near Windjammer.

I'll let you know for sure in about 5 weeks!!!!

Majesty of the Seas Oct, 2004

and May 2005

Archived