Cave tubing in Belize

sandeigo cruiser

Just got back from a cruise with NCL Sea and wanted to comment on the cave tubing in Belize as I had a lot of questions prior to cruising. First off, we decided to book a private tour due to the reviews of the tours through the ship - particularly, the massive amounts of people, high price, no lunch, and the waiting. After reading several reviews I decided to book through Nacho and Cynthia - you can find their website if you search "nacho cave tubing" through yahoo. Anyway, we had a blast. They were there to pick us up at the docks with our name on a sign. We drove in an air conditioned van while Nacho gave us a very interesting and informative tour/overview of belize as we drove to the river. When we arrived, we saw the people booked through the shipped waiting for their large groups get organized. We actually drove past everybody hiking up this road ~1/4 mile. Cynthia took us past all of the lines and we jumped into the river immediately. She also brought along a guide and headlamps for all of us. After that, we ate a great lunch at the Jaguar Paw resort which was beautiful - we got to look around and take pictures as everybody was so nice (note-the tour through the cruise line does not go here". Nacho and Cynthia then proceeded to drive us back to Belize City to do some shopping and they gave us some great tips on the native cashew wine and rum. We were back to the docks with plenty of time to spare as that was our main concern prior to booking privately. Overall, our tour was definately more than anybody could get through the cruise ship. I would love to go back to Belize again someday and would like to meet up with Nacho and Cynthia again. Hope this helps.

My family went on the same tour with Nacho at the beginning of March and I also had a great time! If you want a personal touch and a quick tour of belize along with cave tubing go with Nacho!

They also do other tours on the island also.

Peter

Archived