Ugh. My "my ncl" account is a mess

sdmike

Now when I log in it shows my son as the owner of the account, with his birthday and my latitutes number. They have his room (not mine) linked to the account for our July AK trip, and on top of that the itinerary shown for the trip excludes Juneau and Sawyer glacier. It just has Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria listed as stops. Good grief.

All was well until we changed our reservations around a bit. I was moved out of the room that was attached to my account, so it looks like the system kept the reservation attached but edited my personal information instead.

Looks like I'll have to call NCL to get the account set back up correctly, the latitudes numbers sorted out, etc. Truly a mess.

Seriously, don't worry about it tonight or tomorrow. I'm guessing from all the threads popping up today/tonight with My NCL problems that they're taking advantage of the major holiday to do website backend maintenance. Good on you to say something, but don't sweat it at the moment. :)

Granted, if it's still a mess Tuesday, take action by calling them. :o

Give it some time. And give the IT guys at NCL a break. As said before they are probably doing some maintenance, just as I did at work today, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July. Everyone is always out to bash the web sites when they are down, but do not realise the work that goes into maintaining them. If they were not doing maintenance the site would grow slower and slower until nobody could stand it. I'm sure they could make their lives easier and do this faster by shutting the site down, but then you would really have customer outrage.

Sorry for the rambling just an overworked System Admin who has spent too much time away from his family and in desperate need of a cruise!

Give it some time. And give the IT guys at NCL a break. As said before they are probably doing some maintenance, just as I did at work today, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July. Everyone is always out to bash the web sites when they are down, but do not realise the work that goes into maintaining them. If they were not doing maintenance the site would grow slower and slower until nobody could stand it. I'm sure they could make their lives easier and do this faster by shutting the site down, but then you would really have customer outrage.

Sorry for the rambling just an overworked System Admin who has spent too much time away from his family and in desperate need of a cruise!

*wave from fellow IT person*

Get out of website work, man... It's the quickest way to burnout, keeping WAS, WLS, apache, etc, patched and functional. Go into something less stressful, like DBA or air traffic controlling.

And for the record, the NCL website is always flaky. Don't take that criticism personally, as I've been on website pager duty myself, and DH was a BOFH. ;)

Seems to me the problems are not maintenance only but the changing of the Latitudes Reward program.

Mine is still a mess but I have only sent an email since it is not critical to fix right now with a phone call since I don't have a cruise booked.:(

I too have had problems since they changed their site months ago.

I can't access my reservation once I get in, I keep getting this message

There is some problem with reservation data. Please try again after sometime.

I called weeks ago and and only realized it's still not fixed so I called tech dept today and was told my problem was because it's a b2b cruise and they haven't been able to fix. Fortunetly i was able to print edocs a while back

I suspect they are just leaving it as we sail in less than two weeks. I was also told that they have a lot of kinks to work out.

Personally if I was to say what if any weakness does NCL have I would have to say their website has always had issues.

Happy new year, everyone.

I'm not bashing the website, just lamenting the fact that I had issues and will have to spend some quality time on the phone fixing it. Frustrating and an inconvenience, but certainly not a knock on sysadmins

Archived