Carnival Magic Stabilizers or Thruster Fixed?

zenworks911

A lot of reviewers are mentioning something is wrong with the stabilizers on the ship and that people prone to seasickness might want to avoid it until they fix the problem... Here is a link to the problem.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/11/carnival-magic-maroon-5-mexico-delay/566187/1

Does anyone know if they fixed the issue? I have been on lots of cruises and usually do fine, but I am prone to seasickness and have been sick on smaller vessels many times. Someone please tell me that they fixed the problem! I cruise on the 21st!

zenworks911

Thanks. I got the feeling reading some of the reviews that the replacement thruster did not match the original and that the ship had some vibration issues that were causing problems for guests. Sounds like they must have figured it out.

Zenworks911

I disembarked Magic today. There was very little movement in the ship --- one of the smoother sailings we've experienced. Docking using the thrusters seemed to be no problem.

Same here, we took the tour and spoke with the Engineers, thrusters are all fixed and smooth sailing for the Magic.

Same here, we took the tour and spoke with the Engineers, thrusters are all fixed and smooth sailing for the Magic.

Thanks for this great news! We sail in 20 days and are debating the tour.. Would you recommend it?

Thanks for this great news! We sail in 20 days and are debating the tour.. Would you recommend it?

YES, take the tour, but remember there is a lot of stair climbing, book the tour as soon as the excusion desk opens. If you don't you may be left out.

Yes, enjoyed the tour immensely, lots of info and a few "perks"! Wear comfy shoes and enjoy! We made sure to book quickly as it was booked the first day on our previous Magic cruise in November.

Elaine

Just off the 12/26 Magic and was had read earlier reviews about motion of the ship while sailing and the thrusters not working. I have to say this was the SMOOTHEST sailing cruise ship I've ever been on [about 10 cruises so far including some large RC ships]. There was virtually no motion at all.

As far as the thrusters not working, all I ever felt was vibration whenever the ship was docking or leaving port [which unfortunately was sometimes at 6:00 during our early dinner seating]. It didn't bother us though -- the kids thought it was funny. Not sure if this amount of vibration is normal or not, but it only lasted 10 or 15 minutes and was really not an issue at all. If something like this bothers you, you have to really be looking to pick a ship apart.

Archived