HELP: Snap N' Go with car seat or Jogging Stroller?

CruisingChristians

We are going on a 10-day cruise with our 6 -month old and cannot figure out what is best to bring: our Snap N' Go with car seat or purchase a jogging stroller?

Our thinking:

Our baby is not sitting up on his own yet, so we wanted the padded security that his car seat provides and the Snap N' Go is very light. We are just concerned the car seat will be too hot.

In his car seat ,he will be unable to recline...although he usually falls asleep in his car seat just fine without reclining.

The jogging strollers do not provide much padded support for an infant that cannot sit up on their own. They can be very expensive, wide and bulky. They also face forward and we prefer to be able to see him as he faces us.

What do you think?

Anyone else tried the snap N' Go/car seat combo?

I brought a snap and go stroller on my frist cruise with my son - he was 7 months. I regretted it because he was so warm all the time. This time around I will be bringing a reclining stroller for my 8month old

You'll have to store the stroller in your cabin, all the time. Depending on your cabin type, space may be at a premium.

Also, will you want the carseat for air travel or excursions? Many folks prefer to bring the carseat and arrange for transportation in the ports that will accomodate car seats. I don't know where your 10 day cruise goes, but most ports you'll have to either rent a car or take taxi's where ever you want to go. The snap n go will easialy fold and be taken in the taxi while baby is strapped in the carseat. A larger stroller will be harder to transport plus how do you secure baby during the ride?

When our kids were small, we had the snap n go, and I loved it. Easy when baby was asleep to transfer, always had a clean safe place for them to be in, strapped in. Snap and go was small, easialy manuverable thru small spaces - most port shops are small and crowded, so a larger stroller will just not fit. On board the ship, a smaller stroller is much preferred -- easier to get around everywhere, in stores, in elevators, poolside - space is at a premium and big strollers are just not the best.

Keep reading the family board here - lots of tips, packing lists, etc for cruising with small kids.

On our last cruise we took a Graco travel system for our (then) 10 month old. I liked having a built in way to lug the car seat around ports. We picked up a cheap umbrella stroller at our embarkation port to use while on the ship and that worked great. Our cabin steward stored our travel system somewhere for us.

Since that cruise (and another baby later), I am the biggest fan of jogging strollers. I have two BOB revolution strollers (a single and double) and use them everywhere. I will be taking my single BOB and Ergo on our upcoming cruise for our 4 year old and 2 year old respectively. WIth most brands of jogging strollers, you can get an "infant car seat adapter" which allows you to snap your infant car seat into the jogging stroller. This is what I would do if I were taking an infant on a cruise.

** However....I know a lot of people discourage taking a jogger on board. I will see if I regret this decision to take ours! ;) **

On our last cruise we took a Graco travel system for our (then) 10 month old. I liked having a built in way to lug the car seat around ports. We picked up a cheap umbrella stroller at our embarkation port to use while on the ship and that worked great. Our cabin steward stored our travel system somewhere for us.

Since that cruise (and another baby later), I am the biggest fan of jogging strollers. I have two BOB revolution strollers (a single and double) and use them everywhere. I will be taking my single BOB and Ergo on our upcoming cruise for our 4 year old and 2 year old respectively. WIth most brands of jogging strollers, you can get an "infant car seat adapter" which allows you to snap your infant car seat into the jogging stroller. This is what I would do if I were taking an infant on a cruise.

** However....I know a lot of people discourage taking a jogger on board. I will see if I regret this decision to take ours! ;) **

Please let us know how it turns out with the BOB. I have the Baby Trend Expedition and I want to take it on our cruise in November but I don't want to cause problems or have it been a pain in the you-know-what ;). I just love my jogger for outdoor walks and think it would be perfect for ports of call. My DD will be 18 months at the time and I think a stroller will be a must have. We've got an umbrella stroller, but one of the wheels bent when we were just at the mall so I can't imagine what kind of damage some of the ports would do to it. Plus, our jogger reclines really well. The umbrella hardly does. It would be nice to have DD be able to sleep while we went to shows.

Anyway, be sure to report back!! I'm interested to know if it will fit in the cabin and if it will take up too much room at shows, dinner, etc.

When is your cruise and what cruise line are you on? Hope you have a good trip!

Please let us know how it turns out with the BOB. I have the Baby Trend Expedition and I want to take it on our cruise in November but I don't want to cause problems or have it been a pain in the you-know-what ;). I just love my jogger for outdoor walks and think it would be perfect for ports of call. My DD will be 18 months at the time and I think a stroller will be a must have. We've got an umbrella stroller, but one of the wheels bent when we were just at the mall so I can't imagine what kind of damage some of the ports would do to it. Plus, our jogger reclines really well. The umbrella hardly does. It would be nice to have DD be able to sleep while we went to shows.

Anyway, be sure to report back!! I'm interested to know if it will fit in the cabin and if it will take up too much room at shows, dinner, etc.

Thanks for all of your replies.

We thought the same thing about the Snap n' Go and car seat...too hot for baby. He is not sitting up well enough to be in an umbrella stroller.

So we also just purchased a Baby Trend Sport 3-wheel stroller. We think we made a good choice as 2 of our ports have cobblestone streets and the tires seem made to handle that impact!

Also, our Graco car seat is adaptable with the new stroller...so double bonus!

Happy cruising!

Our cruise departs this SUNDAY!!! We are sailing on Holland America to the Caribbean for two weeks. I am beyond excited! When/where are you going?

I will definitely report back and let you know how it goes.

To the OP.....Wonderful news that the car seat adapter came with your jogger! Mine cost an additional $50! Enjoy your cruise!

Our cruise departs this SUNDAY!!! We are sailing on Holland America to the Caribbean for two weeks. I am beyond excited! When/where are you going?

I will definitely report back and let you know how it goes.

To the OP.....Wonderful news that the car seat adapter came with your jogger! Mine cost an additional $50! Enjoy your cruise!

We are going in November of this year (I'm just a *little* excited, planning for it already, haha) and we'll be doing the Western Caribbean (Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel). I've only been on one cruise prior to DD, but I'm looking forward to sharing it with her. Have so much fun!!!

Archived