Cigar Smoking on the Star

dadecitycruiser

With the new smoking policy effective yesterday pipes and cigars are not allowed on the balcony and only in an area desigated by the Captain. Does anyone know for sure if there is an area set aside? I am ready to book a family cruise but this is a deal breaker for me as I usually try to get a spot on the pool deck that is "smoking" and read books and pass my vacation away. A nightly cigar on the balcony is generally a ritual as well. I might (might) get past that if there is a decent place on deck. Adjacent to a bar perhaps.

Any help would be appreciated. I was looking for a reason to quit Carnival not quit cigars.

DCC

With the new smoking policy effective yesterday pipes and cigars are not allowed on the balcony and only in an area desigated by the Captain. Does anyone know for sure if there is an area set aside? I am ready to book a family cruise but this is a deal breaker for me as I usually try to get a spot on the pool deck that is "smoking" and read books and pass my vacation away. A nightly cigar on the balcony is generally a ritual as well. I might (might) get past that if there is a decent place on deck. Adjacent to a bar perhaps.

Any help would be appreciated. I was looking for a reason to quit Carnival not quit cigars.

DCC

In the past, I have seen cigar smoking at the Bier Garten listed in the Freestyle daily. I don't know if that will still be done after the smoking policy changes.

Archived