What is celebrity price difference gurantee??

Pet

I have heard mention of the Celebrity Price Difference Guarantee and people commenting that they have received a reduction on the cost of their Celebrity cruises. Is this something unique to USA based travellers or does it apply for those in the UK? We have cruises on the Equinox for June (balcony) and Solstice (suite) in November, but how would we know if Celebrity have reduced the price of our particular cabin grades since we booked them a few months back via our TA, which includes airfares? Grateful for any advice please. ;)

If you're referring to the Best Price Guarantee, it's is only available for North American bookings. Basically, if the price of your cruise drops within 48 hours of when it was booked, you can claim 110% of the difference in the form of nonrefundable OBC. Since you're from the UK and since it's been more than 48 hours, since you've booked, it would not apply to you.

However, I'm uncertain if UK residents can claim a price drop-- I seem to remember that they cannot unless they cancel and rebook at the lower price, but that comes with hefty cancellation fees. If I'm wrong and you can claim a lower fare, just go through the steps online at Celebrity's website as if you were booking the same cruise anew, without actually providing billing information, of course. This is called a phantom booking. If the price of the cruise is lower, if it's still earlier than the date when final payment is due, and if the price drop is not designated for new bookings only, have your TA contact X to have the fare adjusted. Again, I don't think you're able to do this, but someone with more knowledge will chime in, I'm sure.

If you're referring to the Best Price Guarantee, it's is only available for North American bookings. Basically, if the price of your cruise drops within 48 hours of when it was booked, you can claim 110% of the difference in the form of nonrefundable OBC. Since you're from the UK and since it's been more than 48 hours, since you've booked, it would not apply to you.

However, I'm uncertain if UK residents can claim a price drop-- I seem to remember that they cannot unless they cancel and rebook at the lower price, but that comes with hefty cancellation fees. If I'm wrong and you can claim a lower fare, just go through the steps online at Celebrity's website as if you were booking the same cruise anew, without actually providing billing information, of course. This is called a phantom booking. If the price of the cruise is lower, if it's still earlier than the date when final payment is due, and if the price drop is not designated for new bookings only, have your TA contact X to have the fare adjusted. Again, I don't think you're able to do this, but someone with more knowledge will chime in, I'm sure.

Hi.. Yes you can claim any price drops..We have done twice for our next cruise.. Do check direct,and do just as PartyAllDaTyme has said,then get onto your TA and ask them to get in touch with Celebrity to honour price drop...Some TA's will not charge for the first drop but after this they will charge,just ask them..Our party of 4 had a total of £500 taken off our final payment :D So it pays to ask..Good luck..Sharon..

Archived