Star Cat G Good or Bad For Alaska

Hi I have booked a cat G (Obst OV) cabin on the Star 9-5-04 Alaska Cruise could any one give me info on the veiw in these cabins good or bad. Thanks Paul [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A lot of people will tell you you HAVE to have a balcny to go to Alaska. We did, and certainly enjoyed it, but I also noticed that there were a ton of nice places all over the to sit and watch the scenery. We were just on the Star in Hawaii and I remember thinking how nice the viewing areas -- in particular the Spinnaker Lounge, the card room,s and the Marketplace will be for Alaska.

You'll have a great time in the 49th!

RCCI Legend of the Seas to Alaska 8/02
NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

Can any one please give me more info on what I can or can not see. Thanks for any help I have to pay my remaining balance June 17, if I cannot see anything I would like to change my cabin. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Cat G on the Star is obstructed view. that means you'll have natural light coming from the outside but the life boats are hanging outside of your window...you'll have just snatches of sea and land view between the boat and the davits.

If you are looking for a full view you'll need to upgrade.

1968 Lurline (Matson)
1969 Mariposa (Matson)
1998 Seabreeze (Premier)
1998 Century (Celebrity)
1999 Seabreeze (Premier)
1999 Norwegian Crown (NCL)
1999 Voyager of the Seas (RCL)
2000 Westerdam (HAL)
2000 Carnival Victory (CCL)
2000 Sensation (CCL)
2001 Mercury (Celebrity)
2001 Norwegian Majesty (NCL)
2001 Vision of the Seas (RCL)
2002 Norwegian Wind (NCL)
2004 Maasdam (HAL)

Hi, crewsin250, my wife and I will be on this cruise with you. Only our second cruise and first on NCL. We had a balconey on our RCCL round trip Galveston-Panama Canal cruise and they do spoil you. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] We have a BB on deck 9 for this cruise. Hope to find a Roll Call for this cruise and meet fellow travelers. It worked well for our Panama cruise. Cliff

Splendour to Panama Canal
12/11/2003

NCL Star to Alaska
09/05/2004

Archived