Fairbanks-Late evening plans?

JUST ADD WATER

We will be arriving in Fairbanks at 8PM. Anyone have a suggestion as to where to go get a bite to eat? Are there any supermarkets open (we want snacks for the train and bus rides-OK, OK alcohol wouldn't be so bad either!!!)? We are staying at the Fairbanks Princess Hotel, it is by the airport I think?!?

Any help would be appreciated!

If it's nice, I would walk over the couple of blocks to Pike's Landing. The restaurant is pricy, but there's a great deck overlooking the river with "bar food" such as burgers, halibut, etc - very popular with locals. You can watch the boats, jet skis, canoes, and the odd float plane go by. I think Princess has a deck too, but why hang out with the same people you've been travelling with all day? In the opposite direction, Freddie's and Safeway are about a mile from the Princess. It's a nice walk along the access road, or you can get a taxi. Safeway's open all night and Fred's till at least 11pm.

We went to Pikes and were very pleased with the quality of the food. It was crowded and we had to wait a bit to get seated, but enjoyed our meal very much. We stayed at the Fairbanks' Princess Lodge, and it was an easy walk from there to Pikes. Prices were on the high side, but not out of sight high, and not really all that surprising given the generally higher costs in Alaska, and the fact that they do have a somewhat captive audience. I hope you enjoy your meal there if you go.

It's a nice walk along the access road, or you can get a taxi. Safeway's open all night and Fred's till at least 11pm.

But not necessarily the associated chain's liquor stores. They run different hours then the stores.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived