Port Shuttle Service in Venice

Condocat

Does anyone know if Oceania provides free shuttle service at the port in Venice from Piazzale Roma to the ship? I understand the people mover is available for 1 Euro however depending where the ship is positioned it can still be a long walk after you get off the people mover, especially with luggage.

I understand some cruiselines provide free shuttle service from the P. Roma to the gate and was hoping O. does as well. Any such luck???

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, but no.

I'm familier with the people mover, it's after you get off of it and you're headed to your ship that some cruise companies supply shuttles to drive you down. I was wondering if Oceania has this service. Sometimes it can be long wallk depending where your ship is docked.

The smaller ships usually are over in San Basillio in Venice and the vaporetto is right across the small canal there. Most discussions about shuttles are about the Marittima area of the port. Does the Marina (and presumably the Riviera) us the San Basillio or Marittima area? The People Mover would be of little use if you are berthed over at San Basillio. Land taxis were usually outside the entrance there.

Archived