Renting snorkel equipment

rljrdn

Is there a way to rent snorkel equipment on the ship to take on shore while in port? We'd like to do some snorkeling on our own on grand cayman but don't own equipment to do so.

Not to my knowledge. I would think about buying your own and taking it with you. I would never put a piece of snorkel equipment in my mouth that someone else has used.

You can get pretty cheap gear to start off with and then if you find you will do it each time you cruise, you can invest in something better. That's what we did and now we take it with us on every cruise. It doesn't take up much room at all (we don't take the flippers with us though). We have no problem swimming without the flippers.

If you wear glasses/contacts you can also get prescription lenses for the mask. Check with your local dive shop for information.

If snorkling is something you do discover you enjoy having good personal equipment will make it a much more enjoyable sport. Like everything else, you get what you pay for...and the difference between equipment purchased at a discount store and a dive shop will be night and day. Nothing worse than a leaky mask when you've just spotted the most magnificent fish you've ever seen!

Archived