Carnival Legend - Dec 26th - Jan 1st

Bsetter

We just returned from a wonderful vacation aboard the Legend! We took our adult kids and had a blast!

A couple of observations:

Food was good - nothing outstanding, but everything was hot and tasted good....we were actually kind-of surprised given some of the reviews I had seen earlier. We had any-time dining and ate in the main dining room 4 of the 6 nights. The two others we ate at the buffet, which was good - the flat iron steak on the buffet was actually better than the one had the night before in the dining room.....We loved the ice-cream, and outside grill area. We certainly ate enough!

Ports on this cruise were just okay - with us cruising and paying for our 3 adult kids, we were not looking to do many excursions anyways, so.......

:oWe loved Mahagony Beach, Roatan. And with someone's previous suggestion, we went to the far end of the beach - to the pier and found lovely chairs in the shade and a bar very near by. It was a perfect day to lay on a beach chair with a Corona, go for a swim and enjoy the views! We could have stayed there for at least another day!

:(Coasta Maya wasn't so good since it rained most of the day. We had been to this port before, and had done a mayan ruin tour. I have never been too impressed with this port.

:confused:Belize City was okay. We took a city tour. We booked this right on the dock after getting off of the tender. It was very informative, but that was it. We stopped at the Wet Lizzard for more Beliken, which was a treat for a bucket with 9 beers for $20!!! It was an okay stop, but I don't think I would want to go back there again.

We did have an issue with our air conditioner in our room. It took many calls and a couple of trips to the service desk by my husband personally before someone actually came to our room at 11:00pm on the second night of sailing to fix it! We never did get an apology - just a phone message the next morning to make sure everything was fixed....no big deal, just not the customer service I was expecting.

One big observation: the Fun Farewell Party on the last day at sea. We attended with only about 20 other people. It's not clearly advertised in the Fun Times - look, on the first day and it's mentioned at the bottom - and on the last day at sea it was listed on the actual schedule as 5:00 PM - Fun Farewell - Firebird Lounge. We had heard no one attended, but we were truely surprised! Within 1/2 hour, we each had 8 free drinks each from the waiters - they were setting multiple drinks down on our table even faster than we could drink them!!! All of the waiters said no one attends, and they really push the drinks on you - one waiter said we were the VIPs on the cruise and got his special attention. Although they were a bit weak - a free drink is a free drink, and with all the talk about smuggling booze on the ship - I can't believe no one takes advantage of this!!!

And as always reported - there were lots of chair-hogs! It was impossible to get chairs on the Serenity deck after 8:00am - The ship was full, and the weather was beautiful - so chairs were at a premium!

Overall, it was a great trip - our room was great 4231, with a balcony and our son/wife stayed in 4233 which was a great inside room across from us. Our cabin steward did a great job. We had a wonderful vacation and love Tampa as a port. I'd be happy to answer any questions..........

Sorry, I don't have a full cruise review - didn't take the time to write everything we did down while we were there, and now it kind-of runs together!!

Free chairs - in fact a lot of the crew was down there with us...they know where to get away from it all. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Bucket of beer was cheaper on the beach than on the ship ---beach was a little rocky on the bottom - but nice to swim.

Archived