Norwegian Epic Haven 2 bedroom Family Villa

ginger123snaps

We are in our mid-30s with three kids (ages 4, 4, 3 at time of cruise). We just booked the suite on the Epic for Feb 2013? We have always booked balconies in the past...but recently we took our first cruise with our children and it was too tight. Are these rooms worth it? Anyone with experience? Are we gonna be shunned upon since we have 3 small children in this exclusive area? Also, do these cabins ever go on sale..whats a good deal on these type of cabins?

You'll love it. We didn't have our 3 girls with us when we stayed in the 2bdrm villa but they would have fit just fine. I wish the balcony was bigger but you dohave a good size cabin space inside. What is also nice about it is they are right in the haven complex so the pool is very close which would be nice for the kids.

No problem to have kids there-- we sailed with our then-8-DS last year and saw plenty of kids younger than him. We're going back next month and can't wait! The Haven staff were wonderful to my son, always had a nice word for him and knew what he liked to eat and drink, made sure he got great seats during the shows... it was perfect. When he smashed his finger in the door and had to go to med, it seemed as though all the Haven staff knew what had happened and were asking him how he was, did he need anything, etc. And the butler left him a slice of cheesecake every night, which is the height of luxurious living to him. :p Kids' programs are fun, lots to do... we really loved it. And the cabins up there are awesome! You will have a great time!

We are in our mid-30s with three kids (ages 4, 4, 3 at time of cruise). We just booked the suite on the Epic for Feb 2013? We have always booked balconies in the past...but recently we took our first cruise with our children and it was too tight. Are these rooms worth it? Anyone with experience? Are we gonna be shunned upon since we have 3 small children in this exclusive area? Also, do these cabins ever go on sale..whats a good deal on these type of cabins?

I enjoy kids, (don't have any). They do not have to be robots or little adults, just well behaved with parents that take responsibilty. I would love sharing the Haven with your family. IMHO, that 2nd bedroom is perfect for a few kids or maybe one adult. You will love it. BTW, my folks had the three older of us kids within 4 years. We are still close. I hope your kids have a ball!

We sailed in the haven with 2 kids (12 and 5). It was perfect. There's plenty of room for 1 more child - the couch in the living room or the lower bed can fit 2 small kids. The Epic Club and Courtyard Grill are great places to eat with the kids - so close to your room. Our butler went out of his way to make our kids feel special.

There are pics in my signature - we loved it. Children are welcome everywhere but Posh, where it's 18 and above. We spent a lot of time in the courtyard and I made sure we didn't hog the hot tubs but other than that, your children are paying a fare. They're welcome everywhere.

Have FUN!!!

No you will not be shunned. On our recent trip, we saw a large number of younger kids in the Haven area. We traveled with our two older kids (18 and 20) and thought the 2 BR Villa was by far the best room we have ever had on a cruise---far better than getting 2 standard adjacent cabins. You kids are small enough that you will have plenty of space. If you booked already, you know what the price is---you are booking far enough in advance that I doubt you will see the price go down on a GV cabin. I noticed they only went up in price as we got closer to our cruise.

Archived