Cove Balconys on the Dream

BcIcemen

We were in Cabin 2285 in November, and noticed no noise at all inside the cabin. Occasionally, when we were on the balcony, we could hear neighbors talking softly, but other than that it seemed very private and secluded - absolutely LOVED the cove balcony.

CoasterJan

I thought the cove balconies were ugly and a rip, but that is just me. Much smaller than a regular balcony. Usually the best bet for a quiet room is to be sandwiched between two floors of just rooms and also not to be too close to the maintenance closet or laundry.

I gather you haven't been in a cove. They are larger than the standard balcony not smaller so I don't know where you heard that piece of information.

OP we had 2349 which was below the annex area of the dining room.

We LOVED our cove balcony. We were in 2258 and had no noise from floors above or below. Our experience with balconies has been that there is more noise from the passengers on the balconies or in the hallway than what is above or below us. You can look on the maps to see what may be above or below you for public rooms, but your neighbors can make a big difference and you can't check that out ahead of time. . . . . .

We were in Cabin 2310. a cove, on the Magic in June. There was no problem with noise at all. We loved it and loved being so close to the water. The person who said it is smaller than a regular balcony is wrong.She is the only person who I have ever heard say they didn't like it which makes me think she was never in a Cove at all.:eek:

Archived