Midnight Buffet ?

No, not a full meal in the dining room sense. There are lots of salads, fruit, breads, desserts, meats & cheese trays. All in a beautiful display of ice sculptures, butter sculptures, etc. If you have late seating in the dining room AND want to eat at the midnight buffet, well, good luck with finding room for all that food!!!:p We've gone just to see the display, not necessarily to eat, it really is something to see.

Can't help you with any specifics on your ship, but just returned from the Jewel. The midnight buffet was really impressive, everything imaginable, done up with artistic flair. The dining room was opened up a half hour before you could eat so people could come in and photograph it. I was still full from the early seating of dinner, so did not eat, but was glad I stayed up to see it.

It's nice to hear that their still doing midnight buffets. I was on a RCCL cruise about 4 years ago and they were not having one. They said it was because not enough people went and or ate, so they were discontinuing it. They did walk around at midnight with trays of appetizers and small desserts, but it wasn't the same.

It will be nice to experience one again.

MTS

On Mariner Eastern last year, the "formal" midnight buffet was the second formal night. It was beautiful and all, but a mob scene. We had been to Chops for dinner that night, so I can't really comment on the food. There was also a late night "pool party" one night (don't remember which). The food was fun and casual. However, when the Compass says "wear your fun pool/beach attire" read that to mean "but most pax will be wearing country club style attire and you will want to go change out of your pool/beach attire because you feel silly" (according to my DW and SIL). They wore fun and cute daytime by the pool suits with nice coverups and shell jewelry--most of the other ladies were wearing fancy "country club" pant suits or dresses and such. Needless to say, both our lovely ladies changed clothes--missing a good portion of the party.

Archived