Refund on an excursion?

am588

I cancelled one of my excursions yesterday online (booked through carnival) due to a medical issue, will I recieve OBC for the refund or will it be refunded back to my credit card? We are cruising in 2 days (excursion would be in 7 days at the time of the cancellation, so I don't think there would be a penalty to cancel) and haven't seen a credit or refund yet

Here is the rule that's posted on the Carnival website:

For online cancellations that occur outside the cut-off window (24 hours prior to sailing), a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order, regardless of whether or not the person who purchased the shore excursion is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the your account. No changes can be made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the Sail and Sign account of the Shore Excursion order contact person’s Sail & Sign account, not the original credit card used to secure the online order. This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing.

Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation.

You should check your original credit card in a few days to make sure it was credited back to your card. I just cancelled an excurion the other day and I immediately received an email from Carnival with receipt of the cancellation- did you get an email? The charge was credited back onto my credit card the next day...but I think each credit card may be different with how long it takes for credits to post. As long as you have that email receipt from Carnival letting you know they cancelled it, it should be fine.

Have a wonderful cruise!! :)

I used a different credit card not my SS account so have already been charged for all excursions. I tried to look on the terms and conditions and it looks like it could be either OBC or refund on credit card, which either is fine just not sure if I should check with guest services when i board

Here is the rule that's posted on the Carnival website:

For online cancellations that occur outside the cut-off window (24 hours prior to sailing), a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order, regardless of whether or not the person who purchased the shore excursion is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to the your account. No changes can be made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. Once onboard, any refunds will be made to the Sail and Sign account of the Shore Excursion order contact person’s Sail & Sign account, not the original credit card used to secure the online order. This applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing.

Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation.

You should check your original credit card in a few days to make sure it was credited back to your card. I just cancelled an excurion the other day and I immediately received an email from Carnival with receipt of the cancellation- did you get an email? The charge was credited back onto my credit card the next day...but I think each credit card may be different with how long it takes for credits to post. As long as you have that email receipt from Carnival letting you know they cancelled it, it should be fine.

Have a wonderful cruise!! :)

No I haven't recieved an email yet, I'll have to look into it. The excursion has been removed from my account though. I called carnival yesterday about funship $ posting, and they did mention that they are currently backed up because of christmas with updating accounts, so that might be why I haven't heard anything?

I cancelled one of my excursions yesterday online (booked through carnival) due to a medical issue, will I recieve OBC for the refund or will it be refunded back to my credit card? We are cruising in 2 days (excursion would be in 7 days at the time of the cancellation, so I don't think there would be a penalty to cancel) and haven't seen a credit or refund yet

Our cancelled excursion was credited back to our CC. We cancelled before sail date. It was there on that same billing cycle.

The excursion that was cancelled by CCL for missed port was issued as OBC.

Hope this helps.

They usually charge your ship board account on embarkation.

Since you haven't embarked , you won't see anything on cc or shipboard account.

Hi DoopyDozer :D,

Carnival charges the credit immediately to pay for the excursion. It shows up on the onboard account as a charge once you embark, but then you'll have a credit to your account for the amount they charged your credit card...so OP should have the credit on their credit card soon.:)

Take care,

Diana

Archived