Need hotel, transportation help, not from NOLA

cschultz

I am trying to plan a last minute trip from Pittsburgh to NOLA for a cruise on the RC ship, Voyager of the seas. I found decent airfare the day before Feb 10, and need advice on a hotel and transportation from the airport. If I bid and get the Hilton riverside, is that a nice hotel? How much would a taxi be to get to the hotel from the port? I saw the post about walking in to the terminal from the corner of Convention Ctr and Julia st. Can I walk there from the Hilton riverside, or do I need to get a cab? Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a better recommendation for a hotel for us, please recommend one.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I think you can walk. It is about a 6 minute walk, pretty straight forward. You can see it on Google maps - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl I think Hilton Riverside is one of the better options in regards to being close to the terminal and being a nice hotel. That would be in my top 10 list for that area.

Hi cschultz, I'm on the Feb 11 sailing also and second that Hilton Riverside is good. If you don't have much luggage walking is feasible. Your best bet from the airport will be taxi - it's advisable to share if you can find someone else as it's a fairly long drive.

Check out the Roll Call as we have alot going on. And Welcome aboard.

Hi cschultz, I'm on the Feb 11 sailing also and second that Hilton Riverside is good. If you don't have much luggage walking is feasible. Your best bet from the airport will be taxi - it's advisable to share if you can find someone else as it's a fairly long drive.

Check out the Roll Call as we have alot going on. And Welcome aboard.

Still trying to decide if we are booking the cruise or not. Thanks for the reassurement for the hotel, and all the other info.

Archived