Accra Beach/Rockley Beach

carribbound

I would say longer and more its been a few years , not sure of the time but thats not far off , but it was pricey to get there. If you are talking each way $20 at least. BUT well worth it. :) But have them drop you at Bar Knaei its at the end of the beach very private chairs to use if you buy someting at the bar , cleam restrooms , nice shade , or sun ....VERY NICE.

Are the cabs there per cab ? If we would join with another couple, would they care ?

Thanks for all your help. I would much rather go to Rockley on our own, than doing a tour. Would you agree that we might be able to see/swim with some turtles if we get there in the morning ? Hope it's not as crowded as some posters have said. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess (Feb. 10), and I believe there will be 2 other ships in port.

Ohio Jane

You could share a cab, no problem.

Like I've said before, there's no absolute 100% guarantee that you'll see turtles, but the chances are really good.

We'd see hawksbill turtles at the reef straight out from Bar Kanei almost every morning, unless the water was rougher than usual. Morning IS the best time to see them there.

When you stand on the beach in front of the bar, look straight ahead about 150 yards and you'll see two flags which mark either end of the reef.

There's no absolute guarantee with Mother Nature. Our first visit to the island, we booked a catamaran tour - our main reason was to see the turtles. As our cat approached Payne's Bay, a thunderstorm hit us and the water began to get a little choppy. By the time we all got in the water, the turtles were gone. We were bummed out at first, but ended up having a wonderful time anyways.

Rockley Beach is beautiful...

Cheers, P:)

Archived