Triumph jan 2 1012

Bad sunburn

Just returned from the triumph jan2-7th out of Galveston. Anyone else on this trip that was a little less than impressed? Obvious changes in the menu that lacked a little. Crew just a little un-Enthused? Maybe it was the weather being a little cooler than expected, but we were just on the triumph in June and seemed like a whole different atmosphere. I'm not trying to be a complainer or downer, we still had fun am there were no major issues at all, just not like all our cruises in the past. Maybe it was that this was the first time we took all 3 kids, but I just didn't feel "involved" on this one. Also, progresso was a HUGE letdown. First time there and really don't wanna go back. Also seemed like the kids camp always ended right in the middle of the shows we wanted to at least finish. Show ends at 10, pick kids up by 945. Everytime we picked the kids up, it was like a morgue in there. Maybe the weather, maybe that it was a 5 day, maybe just me?!?! Anyone else??

Just returned from the triumph jan2-7th out of Galveston. Anyone else on this trip that was a little less than impressed? Obvious changes in the menu that lacked a little. Crew just a little un-Enthused? Maybe it was the weather being a little cooler than expected, but we were just on the triumph in June and seemed like a whole different atmosphere. I'm not trying to be a complainer or downer, we still had fun am there were no major issues at all, just not like all our cruises in the past. Maybe it was that this was the first time we took all 3 kids, but I just didn't feel "involved" on this one. Also, progresso was a HUGE letdown. First time there and really don't wanna go back. Also seemed like the kids camp always ended right in the middle of the shows we wanted to at least finish. Show ends at 10, pick kids up by 945. Everytime we picked the kids up, it was like a morgue in there. Maybe the weather, maybe that it was a 5 day, maybe just me?!?! Anyone else??

Have you checked your roll call for this cruise to see what they may have to say??

Really not trying to be a complainer, and like I said, nothing major wrong, just kinda meh. Had kids all pumped up to go since it was a huge part of their Christmas, and I was kinda bummed. I mean, who can control the weather, but when it was obviously too cold to do anything else, you think they'd have tried to make up with other things. Heck, we didn't even meet our room steward until the 4th day. Dining staff was great, but they even seemed depressed. Weird, huh?

Really not trying to be a complainer, and like I said, nothing major wrong, just kinda meh. Had kids all pumped up to go since it was a huge part of their Christmas, and I was kinda bummed. I mean, who can control the weather, but when it was obviously too cold to do anything else, you think they'd have tried to make up with other things. Heck, we didn't even meet our room steward until the 4th day. Dining staff was great, but they even seemed depressed. Weird, huh?

Not weird I will tell you we sailed on the Triumph out of NOLA.. Dec 5th 2009.. have to say worst cruise ever.. it was cold the ship just wasnt up to par .. ceiling tiles down in the lido .. leaking things or whatever.. our cabin shook so bad with rough seas.. that was the 1st year in how many that it actually snowed in NOLA.. so we lucked in but lucked out LMAO.... We just didn't feel this cruise for some reason.. I didn't nit pic about everything.. but there were many things that made it just not enjoyable... :(

Went to the ruins in Progresso.. not my cup of tea.. would have preferred to go to the beach .. It is not only you that experiences bad cruises.. they do happen.. we then move on to the next :D:p

Definately will move on to the next. Already looking for the next one. And overall, wouldn't say it was bad, but I really was disappointed. I say it wasn't bad because nothing major happened, but just was kinda blah at best. Like i said too, who can control the weather, right? But looking back, just wish there was more "energy". Guess that's what I meant. Was lacking the enthusiastic energy that seems to be abundant on cruises. Know what I mean?? Hmmm. Guess will just try again ASAP!!!!!!!

Definately will move on to the next. Already looking for the next one. And overall, wouldn't say it was bad, but I really was disappointed. I say it wasn't bad because nothing major happened, but just was kinda blah at best. Like i said too, who can control the weather, right? But looking back, just wish there was more "energy". Guess that's what I meant. Was lacking the enthusiastic energy that seems to be abundant on cruises. Know what I mean?? Hmmm. Guess will just try again ASAP!!!!!!!

I definitely hear ya;)

Just back also, will post a review shortly. This was my first cruise in a very long time but had a great time. We picked up a good vibe from crew members we crossed path with and didn't have any real complaints with the food, although I would stay away from the cheese cake! The weather for us was great, coming from and returning to Colorado where it was snowing, but I can understand others thinking it was a bit cold; hey it could always have been worse. Like I said, review to come. First I have to shovel the snow.

We cruised once in January, and it was our least favorite. In fact, I always wondered if it was because it was Norwegian, or if it was because it was January. On that particular cruise, we hit a cold front coming back home to New Orleans, seas were rough, and the outside deck pool deck was covered with ice. January is just a tough month!

Archived