Holloween Cruises- do people dress up

sandywitch111

Has anyone been on a cruise over Holloween? Did you dress up? How about the rest of the passengers? Was every other person wearing pirate costumes? I'm trying to get a clever idea for costumes that will be easy to pack, easy to get into, water or cruise themed, but not too typical. I know tall order- but any ideas would be most appreciated.

On the other hand if people don't traditionally wear costumes, I don't want to look silly by myself.

some people just grabbed towels & went as towel animals. Others grabbed sheets & went as Romans.

I had a leopard T-shirt & matching leggings, bought a tail & ears set from Walmart, made up my face & went as a leopard. Others were more elaborate, everything from Gumby to zombies.

cheri-costumehalledit100_5970.jpg

We were on Fascination the last week of October 2010 and and one of the nights, was a Halloween night - best costume contest, etc - CD's & some crew all dressed up - lots of photos being taken. We did not dress up, but enjoyed seeing all the people who did ! :)

Halloween is great fun on a ship! The costumes are lots of fun and many are very creative. The have all sorts of special activities, games, movies, and a costume contest. Camp Carnival even has the kids do a trick or treat at various locations around the ship.

You'll see a few pirates but not as many as I thought. Keep in mind that whatever costume you decide on, they won't allow anything that resembles a weapon onboard. Even if it's fake or a toy so no swords, daggers, etc. can be brought on. Also make sure it's easy to pack! :p

We have went as 'The Scooby Gang' the last two years in a row. (Triumph and Ecstacy). Both times we have lost the costume contest to KISS. Cruising is a lot of fun over Halloween and I recommend you give it a try (and wear a costume!). Just avoid cruising with KISS.....(Honestly they deserved to win with such authentic costumes.).

We LOVE sailing over Halloween, as some of the costumes worn by not only the passengers, but the crew are EXCELLENT! Of course, you're not allowed to bring fake guns, swords, or knives aboard for your costume, but other than that, most anything seems to be O.K.

"SKY"

Archived