Tulum ruins and beach break questions

nancy2vues

Two questions that I don't think that I've seen asked yet. We are doing the Royal Caribbean Tulum Ruins and Beach Break excursion next weekend. We are wondering 1) if we need to bring a towel to the beach break (guessing yes, either our's or one from the ship), and 2) Is there anything marvy to see if one were to bring snorkel equipment to the beach break portion of this? We kind of hate to drag a bunch of stuff along if not necessary.

Thanks!

Did this same tour w/Celebrity back in April 2011. Yes, bring a towel. I did not see any sign of people snorkeling. The beach break was really everyone taking a quick nap under a tree or on a chaise lounge.

HIGHLY recommend this tour! Well worth the money.

Definitely bring a towel. We didn't see anyone snorkeling as there really isn't all that much time to explore the beach unless you don't spend much time looking at the ruins. However, the beach setting really is beautiful. Keep in mind, it is a long travel day. 45 minutes by ferry over to Playa Del Carmen and then at least another 45-1 hour to the ruins. Because of travel time, how very hot it is there, ferry ride, etc. I don't think I would bring along snorkel equipment. Too much hassle for the limited time you might get to snorkel. I would imagine one of your other ports might be a better option for snorkeling.

Archived