VA aft vs SS suite

dennis36nc

Greetings from Coastal Carolina,

I'm booked on the Zuiderdam on 7/16/05. I originally booked a VD Gua through Orbitz, but read a post about Cruise Value Center and found that I could get a

SS suite for the same money. They also have VA aft cabins available for $400 less than the SS. I am mostly considering the suite for a bigger veranda but have also read the aft veranda's are bigger. So basically I'm confused about which to book. Is the SS worth it? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Dennis

Greetings from Coastal Carolina,

I'm booked on the Zuiderdam on 7/16/05. I originally booked a VD Gua through Orbitz, but read a post about Cruise Value Center and found that I could get a

SS suite for the same money. They also have VA aft cabins available for $400 less than the SS. I am mostly considering the suite for a bigger veranda but have also read the aft veranda's are bigger. So basically I'm confused about which to book. Is the SS worth it? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Dennis

The aft verandas are larger than the SS suites, but they are totally uncovered. I loved it, but my wife cannot take full sun so she rarely used the balcony. Also, passengers from cabins above and the rear pool have a view of your balcony. Doesn't bother us but some people don't like this.

We had aft veranda last year and booked SS suite this year. Balcony is still large and the larger room and bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower will be nice. However, I will miss the panoramic view from the back of the ship.

SS suites are CONSIDERABLY larger than the VA cabins. The aft VA cabins DO have larger verandahs than those on other V cabins, but the SS verandah is quite spacious.

The verandah cabins on the Vista ships are smaller than the verandah cabins on R and S class ships.

We were in 5181, VA on the wake, and found it to be narrower inside than side VAs. The triple veranda made up for the uncomfortable lack of space inside. If you need to be nekkid out there, book one on deck 8, which is completely covered.

We'll be in an SS this time, and will miss the huge balcony, but will have double the room inside.

Candy <-- thirty-something days 'til Zuidy IV

I love the aft cabins, but I'd take the SS--the larger room is so nice and Ss balconies approx 100 sq ft--that's rather nice.

Then again.....

The aft cabin verandas larger and the view back there is spectacular! If interior space is not that big a thing, then go for the aft cabin.:D

Archived