Anything Close to Cruise Ships?

elmom

I am going on a Western Cruise from Galveston with my husband and 2 kids (ages 5 and 6) in a couple weeks. My husband can't get off on tendered ports because he uses a wheelchair so we are going to skip the Cayman Islands stop. But I was thinking the kids my feel really anxious to get off for a little while...would it be worth it to get off for an hour or so wit the tenders? Is there anything near by and safe for a mom alone with a 5 and 6 year old?

Grand Cayman is an extremely safe place. I would have no problem with my wife walking around alone. That said, there really is little to do right around the terminal area, other than shopping. Very nice beaches are a short bus or taxi ride away.

The ships tender directly into George Town. There is plenty of shopping and a few options for snorkeling in town.

The ship's crew will gladly assist your husband to transfer to/from the tenders if he wants to come ashore. Many passengers in wheelchairs do make the transfer.

Archived