Beach Towels

Newfietraveler

Celebrity provides great beach towels. Take them to the beach and when you get back just leave them for your cabin steward to replace with fresh clean ones for the next beach day.

On Celebrity these are different from the towels used at the pool (they are larger and a bit nicer), those are stacked by the pool for your use and there is a bin by the pool to leave those in when you're done.

I wasn't in a suite on the Equinox but on the first port day there was a towel ready and waiting in the room. It was replaced each time I used it. Towards the end I hadn't used it because it wasn't going to be a beach day in port and came back to the room after dinner to find a towel animal made out of it and my sunglasses. Apparently they are multipurpose!

On prior celebrity cruises I've been on, they had giant rolling bins for the used/wet beach towels right in the area after scanning your card and going thru the metal detector - on deck three or four. This was super convenient after lugging them back from the beach - before I noticed they had these there, we would carry them back to our room.

Whenever the cabin steward noticed them no longer in the original space left, a fresh set was left.

You also get an iced down hand towel just prior to walking the gangway back on board, and there is a separate bin to place those used towels too.

No beach towels in a suite on Millie last week. Went to the pool to get them. No newspaper delivery either. I thought this was the new norm.

Occasionally we've had to ask for them, but they've always been available. Once when we asked the room steward showed us they were stowed in a cupboard we hadn't even noticed before.

Occasionally they've also run short mid cruise, in between ports, and didn't have them back from the laundry until the last minute as we were ready to get off the ship in the morning.

I asked for them and the cabin attendant offered to run up to the pool to get them; I did it instead. There was no bin of towels by the exit. The towels by the pool were the large yellow ones that say Celebrity in blue - am I correct in remembering that those are the ones that they used to leave in the cabins for port use, and the pool towels were plain?

I asked for them and the cabin attendant offered to run up to the pool to get them; I did it instead. There was no bin of towels by the exit. The towels by the pool were the large yellow ones that say Celebrity in blue - am I correct in remembering that those are the ones that they used to leave in the cabins for port use, and the pool towels were plain?

Your experience is not the norm for the cruises we've been on. Yes your recollection is correct as in the past the pool towels have been plain yellow.

On the Solstice Dec 11-18, our steward left us beach towels in our cabin the night before port days, with a note that said we should return them to our cabin for our steward to take and replace with clean ones for the next port. It also noted that if they were not returned we would be charged $25 for each one.

As others have noted, the beach towels were yellow, and larger and thicker than the blue pool towels that were always available to grab near the pools.

Your experience is not the norm for the cruises we've been on. Yes your recollection is correct as in the past the pool towels have been plain yellow.

The pool towels on the Solstice and Eclipse for our last several cruises have been blue and white striped. The beach towels are a tan/yellowish color as pictured in a previous post and are not to be put in a bin as you reboard the ship, but carried back to your cabin and left there to be replaced by your cabin attendant with fresh towels for your next port day.

If you do not have beach towels in your cabin when you board, you should ask the cabin attendant to bring some to the cabin in plenty of time for your first port day.

Carole

Archived