Freeport Walking Tour

gloandcharlie

Does anyone know about a walking tour in Freeport....ie...is there a downtown or any historic buildings?

The ship docks in Freeport at a very industrial port. I don't believe there's much to do around the port within walking distance other than a couple of souvenier shops just outside the gate.

The walking tour you may be thinking of is on Nassau island.

FWIW, we have been to both Nassau and Freeport. Freeport is much less populated than Nassau and we enjoyed it tremendously. We did a jeep excursion and was able to see some of the island and a beach. I have also heard that Gold Rock Beach is spectacular, especially at low tide. It's where the Corona Beer commercials are filmed. Nassau to us was dirty, drug infested and overpriced.

We did an island tour thru island marketing in Freeport and thought it was good this past Nov. I especially like the perfume factory, bought some great smelling perfume for a decent price. Would like to go back again just for the perfume factory.

• 2 months later...
We did an island tour thru island marketing in Freeport and thought it was good this past Nov. I especially like the perfume factory, bought some great smelling perfume for a decent price. Would like to go back again just for the perfume factory.

Beth was this a 3 1/2 hour tour on an air conditioned van/bus? Also, did it take you to the open fruit market and to Port Lucaya? I have made a reservation for a Grand bahama Island tour through Island Marketing excursions in July and was wondering if you went on this exact one. If so, besides the perfume factory was the rest of the tour GRAND? :D Thanks!

Archived