Advice regarding photo web sites

RRMan

Hi all,

I would appreciate your suggestions regarding web sites for uploading pictures to share with family and friends who won't be on the cruise with me. I know there are many and assume some are better than others. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Eddie,

For years, I have used a site called Ofoto.com. They have been a subsidiary of Kodak, and have just recently changed their name to Kodak EasyShare.

There are several reasons why I prefer them. First off, they don't sell your email address; and you don't get junk mail or spam from going on their site. Like most sites, membership is free and your guests do not have to buy anything.

Now here is my main reason. EasyShare will let you keep your albums online forever, and they do not limit the size of your album or how many you can have. Some sites, like Webshots, do. We take a lot of pictures, especially on cruises. My last album contains 496 photos. Now, if I go to the trouble of uploading and writing captions on that many pictures, I certainly don't want them to erase my album after a time limit!! :mad: Oh, and another thing. I can upload my pictures at full resolution, so the quality is fantastic.

If you're interested in seeing what it's like, go to our website at www.thepreismans.com and click on Tahiti or Mediterranean. At the end of each review, you will find the link to my EasyShare album for that cruise. They will ask you to create a password / join. Go ahead, it's free. Plus, you'll be ready to create your own albums when you get ready.

No, I don't work for them. I just love the service. Just remember, whatever service you decide to use; be sure that you read the policies first --- before you do the work of creating an album.

If you're interested in seeing what it's like, go to our website at www.thepreismans.com and click on Tahiti or Mediterranean.

Carol - Thanks so much for the info. I checked out your website and the pictures are really beautiful (nicely composed and with such vivid colors)...enjoyed reading about your trip as well! I didn't know that Webshots had limitations. Seems most on the CC site use that service. I'll give the Kodak site a try before I leave. BTW, I'll be aboard the Brilliance for her TA out of Miami later this month. Can't wait to get on the water!

I love Webshots. Very easy to use and share.

familycruzer - Thanks for feedback. Given Carol's response, I think I will check out the Kodak site...concerned about the limitations Webshots might have.

Archived